At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM, working as IBM Global Business Services’ technical delivery partner. We continually innovate for our customers, employees and shareholders. Our Technical Skills range from Application Development, Testing Services, Technical Support through to Cloud and Artificial Intelligence. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code and processes into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise in analysis, requirements gathering, design, coordination, customization, testing and support of reports, in client’s environment
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business and technical members of the team
- Relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Perform root cause analysis of reports issues
- Development / evolutionary maintenance of the environment, performance, capability and availability.
- Assisting in defining technical requirements and developing solutions
- Effective content and source-code management, troubleshooting and debugging
- Facilitating data integration, data conformity, data integrity and ensuring data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs and enhancements.
- Ensuring that data transformations are well documented follow best practices and understood by business users and developers.T21
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Proven experience with one of the following ETL/Data Integration tools:
- IBM InfoSphere DataStage
- Informatica PowerCenter
- Oracle ODI
- SAS Data Management
Hands on experience preferably data heavy / analytics applications leveraging relational and NoSQL databases, data warehouse and big data
Advanced SQL programming, PL/SQL or T-SQL
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Agile mindset – ability to process changes of priorities and requests, ownership, critical thinking
One of the following:
- Experience with Data Governance tools (e.g. IBM Information Governance Catalog, IBM Watson Knowledge Catalog, Collibra)
- Experience with a business intelligence tool (e.g.IBM Cognos, SAP BI, Oracle OBIEE, Tableau, QlikView, SAS Visual Analytics/ Viya)
- Experience with IBM Watson Studio or IBM SPSS
- Experience with various cloud and integration platforms (e.g. AWS, Google, Azure)
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.