Founded in 2014, Ledger is a leader in security and infrastructure solutions for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications. Headquartered in Paris, London, Singapore, Vierzon and New York, Ledger has a team of 500+ professionals developing a variety of products and services to safeguard cryptocurrency assets for individuals and companies – including the Ledger hardware wallets line already sold in 165 countries.
If you are an experienced IT Service Continuity / Disaster Recovery Manager looking for a new challenge and ready for your next step where you can bring in your own new ideas and suggestions this role could be ideal for you!
This is a truly exciting time to join us as we continue to deliver on our rapid global growth. This is a brand new role within the team, so you will have an opportunity to take lead and be heavily involved in the Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity solutions. Reporting to the Business Continuity Manager you will have plenty of autonomy within this role.
What you need to be successful
- The role of the Service Continuity and Incident Manager is to ensure Ledger is prepared for any unplanned outage, thereby minimising the risk to its operations, its assets and its reputation.
- The role holder will work as part of Ledger Information Security Function and oversee the IT Disaster Recovery solutions day to day capability and test programme as well as being responsible for managing incident response across Ledger. They will provide expert advice to business areas on IT DR solutions and support the business continuity manager in their role.
- The Service Continuity and Incident Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining Ledgers IT DR Policy and Strategy in partnership with the IT operational teams. They will ensure that all technical recovery strategies enable the organization to manage an unplanned crisis event, as well as meet compliance requirements. The position’s primary goals will be to identify, document and test business needs against Ledger’s infrastructure and identify recovery strategies and gaps and to ensure that all key personnel are trained.
- The role will provide the documented policy and a process around Service Continuity, IT DR and Incident response that is kept up to date. They will ensure the organisation is adequately prepared for a major disruption by meeting the Business Impact Analysis requirements. The job holder also needs to be involved in the company wide Crisis and Incident Management processes.
- Ensure that all Ledger’s recovery strategies align to ISO22301.
- Exercise the IT DR strategies to validate their effectiveness and ensure they continue to meet business requirements.
- Conduct training sessions for key teams/individuals.
- Support the incident and crisis management response to all major incidents and ensure the incident team is trained and prepared at all times.
To be successful you will need to have proven experience in working in a similar role. You will have knowledge of how to achieve good levels of operational resilience and technology resilience, an understanding of technology architecture from an application/service layer to the network layer. experience of coordinating and planning change across a large organisation. Ability to manage and resolve conflict and able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation;
- Responsible for crisis response coordination and where necessary, invoking response teams,
- Managing crisis calls/meetings, taking notes, developing situation reports and capturing actions, owners and lessons learnt reports,
- Support Operational, Tactical and Strategic teams in managing crises,
- Support the Crisis Response lead and the business providing advice and support during invocation of activity recovery plans,
- Support Important Business Service Owners during a crisis to document and identify where an impact tolerance may be breached and support in relevant notification / escalation requirements,
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports on the current state of Crisis Response,
- Maintain key crisis management intelligence and mass communication tooling systems to ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose.
- The post holder will have an in-depth understanding of the Business Continuity Standards (ISO22301 / BS 25999, etc)
- The ability to develop a good overall understanding of how Ledger and key areas of the business work
- A strong understanding of IT terminology and infrastructure, IT DR techniques, data centre requirements and an understanding of HSM technology would be valuable.
- Experience of availability and capacity management inc. forecasting and modelling
- Experience of service acceptance testing
- Good project management skills and experience of managing small-to-medium-sized projects
- The ability to forge good working relationships with people at all levels within the organisation
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Good organisational skills and meticulous record-keeping
- Good time-keeping
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to the Company policy
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment
- Strong focus on personal development including internal/external trainings and attendance to conferences
- Internal talks, technical meetups and hackathons
- High performance office equipment
- Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr)
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks
- Employee discount on Ledger products