ABOUT TEMENOS Temenos is the world’s leading banking software provider, offering cloud-native, cloud-agnostic, API-first digital banking, core banking, payments, fund management, and wealth managemen
Temenos is the world’s leading banking software provider, offering cloud-native, cloud-agnostic, API-first digital banking, core banking, payments, fund management, and wealth management software products which enable banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and achieve market-leading cost/income performance. Over 3,000 firms across the globe, including 41 of the world’s top 50 banks, rely on Temenos to process client interactions and daily transactions of more than 1.2 billion banking customers. Temenos was founded in 1993 on the core belief that “People are Key”.
Temenos is currently in transition to become a SaaS-first company, with the expectation that the growth contribution of SaaS versus the traditional on-premise (license / maintenance) model will accelerate rapidly over the next few years.
As the IT Innovation Manager, you would lead the CIO Office and act as the CIO’s right-hand, contributing significantly to the overall IT strategy and policies, and proactively developing and managing process improvements and transformation projects within the Corporate Information Technology (IT) department.
To support you with these tasks, you will be leading IT Finance and IT Talent Management to ensure that the IT organization budget, skills and staff are aligned with the overall long-term strategy.
The IT Innovation Manager will be a creative visionary, supporting the development of the IT Strategy and its implementation. To succeed in this role, the candidate must be knowledgeable in the application of information and communications technologies, recognize opportunities for using IT to build connections across our international teams and functional areas, be identify cutting edge IT solutions to accelerate the achievement of company’s goals.
IT Strategy, Governance and Roadmap development
- Support the development of the IT strategy in-line with overall corporate Strategy. Support the other IT teams in the development of their strategy to ensure alignment.
- Assess the current governance structure, improve upon it, and ensure that it is enforced.
- Analyse the current organization, understand the evolving industry, and develop a roadmap to ensure the team can effectively meet Corporate IT’s vision and the business’ future needs.
- Be an active member of the company’s Technology Strategy Board.
Develop Department Policies and Procedures
- Analyse current IT processes, improve upon them and develop new IT policies, procedures and standards to ensure that Corporate IT operates effectively and reliably.
- Ensure that stakeholders are aware of and abide by IT policies and procedures.
- Develop guides for technicians, such as employee handbooks for IT department personnel.
- In this role, the innovation manager is also the creative spirit that develops and seeks ideas. He does the screening of various sensors and innovation sources, conducts workshops for brainstorming, uses innovation tools and derives ideas from all these activities.
- Working with the business to understand their current issues or processes, finding cutting-edge technological solutions, and building of relevant business cases.
- Support, accelerate and promote technological innovation projects, fostering usage of disruptive topics: Blockchain, AI, RPA, across the company.
Project Management and Collaboration
- Design, management, and delivery of strategic transformation and innovation projects throughout Corporate IT.
- Project management across teams and functions both within Corporate IT and the wider organization.
- Active collaboration with and management of a wide range of stakeholders.
IT Budgeting and Workforce Planning
- Support the CIO and Corporate IT with budgeting and workforce planning for Corporate IT.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure the appropriate budgeting practices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The candidate should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g.information technology, computer science, or management information systems), up to 5 years work experience, preferably in technology operations, innovation, strategy, or technology consulting.
Specific experience of technology strategy setting change management, project/program management and financial information management systems is necessary.
- This role requires an individual who demonstrates collaboration, an analytical and innovative mindset, radical ownership, a bias to action, and thrives in a very high-performance culture.
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment
- Technical Knowledge – Good understanding of IT operations best practice, passionate about Information Technology and actively informs themselves of strategic and emerging technological trends. Exeprience with Cloud Migration Projects is highly valued
Strategy & Innovation
- Self-starting individual with experience in strategy development and implementation.
- Strategic and innovative mindset, out-of-the-box thinker, a can-do attitud, flexibility and excellent problem-solving skills to actively support the strategic implementation of projects.
- Curious about innovative technology solutions, able to understand and build a case around the potential long-term value of the technology.
- Communication and Collaboration Skills – Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English required, the candidate must be able to motivate others and build strong relationships with team members, management, and end users throughout the organization.
- Project Management – Experience in developing, planning, and overseeing of projects to ensure the timely delivery of projects. Includes the development of business cases and project plans, task assignment, monitoring, and reporting.
- Process Enhancement – Familiarity with how large companies work, able to assess process, suggest improvements, implement those, and engage in change management.
- Team Leadership – Some management experience required to lead, set department priorities, delegate tasks and mentor their direct reports in a constructive manner across time zones, understanding of team dynamics and ability to resolve issues and correct behaviour of direct reports, as well as retain and attract talent.
- Budget Management – Strong financial management and budgeting skills would be preferred to support the CIO with the management of the IT’s department budgets and capital expenditures.
- You will work at the cutting edge of technology innovation; we challenge the status quo and are transforming banking every day.
- You will experience in a fast-paced environment, ambitious team; we look forwards and continuously strive to be the best.
- You will be part of a team that values integrity; we support each other and keep our promises.
- You will be able to work freely, flexibly and true to your authentic self; we champion diversity.
- You will be joining a global and diverse family that works together through the good times and bad; we care deeply about each other and our clients.
- You will experience what we call – Temenosity!
We value applications from people from all walks of life; if you are excited to be part of our journey and want to make a real impact, we would love to hear from you.