Who We Are Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in b
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
What You’ll Do
As an IT Consultant, you will work closely with our client’s leadership teams to understand their key challenges, define IT strategies, win buy-in for your recommendations and collaborate with BCG case team members to transform client potential into performance.
You will deploy customized IT strategies, digital platforms and architecture in order to leverage the digital potential of our customers with state of the art tools such as cloud computing, AI, blockchain, microservices and containerization. You will be responsible for specific parts of the project and will evaluate and coach our clients’ technology teams, manage quality and risk while maintaining client expectations and escalations. You’ll develop ground-breaking projects by enabling our clients to effectively use agile methods and modern approaches in the context of strategic IT implementation.
You will work on a variety of technology topics, applying your technical consulting skills to strategic technology questions. You will also be supported by an extensive training curriculum, plus technology-specific training and mentoring to help build upon you technical skills. You will also help with project proposals, client care, building relationships with peers and identifying new business opportunities.
Finally as an IT Consultant you will contribute to the Practice Area development and help to build the BCG brand as a key member of the case team.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- [4+] years’ experience in IT Strategy and consulting, professional software development or IT project management
- You will have relevant experience from a top consulting firm (focused on technology, digital initiatives)
- A strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills, strong customer focus and mental agility with a results orientation
- Strong technical expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- IT Modernisation; Solution & Enterprise Architecture
- Marketing, Sales & Service Platforms (CRM)
- Physical & Digital Channels (Including Mobile)
- ERP (SAP) &Manufacturing Platforms
- Banking & Insurance Platforms
- People, HR, Collaboration Platforms
- Applied Intelligence, Machine Learning, RPA, Chatbots, Blockchain, IOT
- DevOps & Bimodal IT
- Data Analytics, Big Data, Data Platforms
- Cyber Security
- Experience in legacy environments and modern approaches to technology
- Track record of Agile consulting and advisory with experience in Digital and Agile transformations at scale
- Experience in IT organisation and process development
- Experience in the organisation of workshops at peer level and facilitating in client meetings
- Strong business acumen; can frame complex problems in appropriate business contexts
- Preferred industry background: Retail, Banking, Insurance, Utility, Oil, Gas and Telco.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel to clients world-wide
- Highly professional and rigorous, results-oriented, driven and hard-working
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Loyal and reliable, possessing the highest ethical standard
- Good interpersonal skills but also judgement independency and autonomy
- Ability to propose innovative ideas, build empathy within the firm and win the trust of clients.
- A University degree with above average academic performance in a STEM related field or business management
Who You’ll Work With
- BCG Managing Directors and Partners (MDP’s)
- PLA Managing Directors (MD’s)
- BCG Consultants at all levels
- PLA Consultants at all levels
- Clients, vendors, partners