Introduction The IBM® SevOne Network Performance Management (IBM SevOne NPM) solution helps network teams collect, analyze and visualize performance data at scale so they can operate their networ
The IBM® SevOne Network Performance Management (IBM SevOne NPM) solution helps network teams collect, analyze and visualize performance data at scale so they can operate their networks and IT systems smarter and better to ensure applications and services have the capacity, performance and availability they need to deliver superior user experiences.
BM Expert Labs team are consultants, integration experts, business process automation specialists, Technical Account Managers and project managers working in customer projects on IBM software deployment, migration, health checking and solutions trouble shooting. We ensure that customers can successfully perform their every day business and rely on undisrupted and quality service from IBM software-powered solution implementations. As a team, we’re based in beautiful Kraków, where we work with our colleague engineers and developers from the Data & AI software lab. This is a technical job with a client-facing profile. We work with Fortune 500 list-customers in Poland and beyond – Europe and the world-wide.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IT Consultant is a technical role, which takes familiarity with IT infrastructure, operating systems, and virtualization.
You will have a chance to deep-dive into
IBM SevOne Performance Manager technology, which allows you to advise and help our customers control and increase application performance in real-time across different enterprise environments.
You will become part of the Expert Labs organization, where you will develop critical-thinking skills and you will have a chance to work with other Subject Matter Experts to resolve complex problems for our worldwide customers.
In addition, you will help drive delivery, specifically working with IBM SevOne Performance Manage but also facilitating the wider IBM strategy of leading-edge technology in the Journey to Cloud and Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
- solution development, deployment, and integration with third-party technologies;
- systems administration, along with the development of reports and utilities (including dashboards, PHP scripting and threshold analysis and creation) that complement the SevOne product set;
- provides consultative guidance in network and infrastructure performance optimization to key customers;
- provide guidance to less senior Engineers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English language – speaking/writing;
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals, protocols, and equipment;
- Good knowledge of SOAP, Rest API, XML;
- Knowledge about administration and management of relational databases – Db2, MS SQL Server, Oracle;
- Good people skills and ability to deal with all levels of personnel and senior management;
- Demonstration of time and deadline management, while working as part of a team or being self-sufficient;
- Quick learner to have the ability to pick up new technologies quickly as well as change client requests;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years+ networking experience as operator, engineer or tools integrator or equivalent Professional Services software vendor delivery experience in the OSS tooling area;
- Addition language -speaking/writing;
- Experience with any control and monitoring tools for systems and applications;
- Software Defined Networking experience and/or accreditation;
- Working knowledge and usage of Cloud technology (AWS/IBM Cloud/Azure/Google);
What we offer:
- Working for a top 5 company according to Forbes 2022 best employers ranking
- International and prestigious projects
- Highly skilled teams of experts
- Wide range of IBM trainings and certificates
- Unlimited access to Udemy, Harvard Business Review, Safari O’Reilly, getAbstract, IBM AI Skills Academy
And what is more:
- Contract of employment
- Negotiable competitive compensation depending on candidate expertise
- Private medical care and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sport, charity & other networking groups
- Summer/winter camps for children
- Discounts with IBM employee badge
- Referral Bonus Program
- Home office option
- No dress code
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, have a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society, and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason, and science, we can improve business, society, and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.