Company Description TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 80 million songs, o
As an iOS Developer in TIDAL’s User Content team you will be part of a tight-knit team who are passionate about technology and creating great user experiences through teamwork and creativity, ALL ideas count. We are looking for developers who are excited about working with one of the most sophisticated and advanced music streaming apps on the iOS platform.
TIDAL’s User Content team manages the area in the apps called My Collection, where our users can store their favorite tracks, albums, playlists, videos, mixes and artists. In My Collection users can also create their own personal playlists, and organize them in folders. You will report to the Head of the User Content Team
- Work within a feature team, consisting of client developers on all platforms, backend developers, QA and product management and you will collaborate with the iOS team and the core QA team
- Shape the direction of the product through the iOS and tvOS platforms, improve current features and introduce new technologies
- Participate in product definition and road map decisions, working with international partners to define the future of streaming music
- Develop and implement new features, fix bugs, refactor, do code review, unit testing and continuous integration
- Write beautiful code which is easy to understand and maintain, for others and yourself
- Take part in shaping the User Content team to be the team you always wanted to work in
- 2+ years of relevant experience is preferred, but we are also open to hiring smart graduates
- Experience programming in Swift, experience with SwiftUI is a plus
- Worked with Git and pull request-based development.
- Knowledge about the latest technologies and frameworks for iOS application development and genuine interest in keeping up-to-date with iOS design patterns and iOS app architecture.
- Fluency in English required as it is our company language
- Knowledge of the following beneficial:
- Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- XCTest frameworks and UITests
- Open-source projects
- Interest in HiFi audio or other musical interests
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.