The role will focus on original reporting on the key themes that affect asset managers, including climate change, market trends and the emergence of new asset…...
Risk.net has a collegiate approach – journalists and editors collaborate across our five editorial desks and three offices.
We give our journalists the time and resources necessary to produce great stories. Standards are high, but so is management support.
About the job
The investment writer will produce agenda-setting news stories, deeply reported features, engaging profiles and data-led articles as part of our growing Investing team. We cover investors of all stripes, from hedge funds and ETFs to insurers, pension funds and family offices. The role will focus on original reporting on the key themes that affect asset managers, including climate change, market trends and the emergence of new asset classes, such as cryptocurrencies. The investment writer will use their reporting and storytelling skills to bring these topics to life and explain how they impact investors and the financial markets.
- Generate exclusive news stories and features for a global audience of professional investors
- Develop sources within the world’s biggest asset managers and the organisations that support them
- See the broader news agenda and come up with ideas for stories that can’t be found elsewhere and that our audience will care about
- Collaborate with colleagues who specialise in markets, regulation and risk management to provide a buy-side angle to their stories
- Use data to identify trends and support the arguments in your stories
- Take ownership of key topics and coverage areas within the beat
- Applicants must have a valid right to live and work in the UK or US without sponsorship
- Proven experience as a journalist, preferably covering the financial sector, and the ambition to establish yourself as one of the top journalists covering asset management
- A track record of breaking exclusive news stories
- An ability to find the drama and humanity in dense and technical subject matter
- A knack for explaining complex topics in plain language and, when appropriate, a sense of humour
- The ability to extract information in multiple ways, including from data series, interviews, research reports and academic papers
We know great people make great companies. Infopro Digital is defined by people and passion, and powered by knowledge and innovation. Everything we do is centred on trust, integrity and respect. Our collaborative approach drives creativity across our markets; and our focus on giving teams ownership allows us to build an entrepreneurial culture where our people and brands can thrive and grow.
We run a Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
Group personal pension plan
Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
Private medical insurance
Employee assistance programme
Bonusly employee recognition
Employee discount scheme
Onsite monthly chair massage
Discounted gym membership
Additional life assurance
Bike to work
Add partner to gym membership
Health cash plan