Interest in startups and (blockchain) technology. Represent the company at networking events in the blockchain technology / alternative investment industry....
Enthusiastic about the world of venture capital and startups? Passionate about innovative technologies and new business models? Join our CV VC team and work with us investing into the Technology For Tomorrow: Blockchain. Work in a truly dynamic and innovative environment, connect to the start-up and VC ecosystem and have hands-on exposure to the execution of investment projects.
Start of the position: as soon as possible
We are looking for a Legal Counsel & Venture Capital Investment Manager [combined in one role] with experience in Venture Capital financings and the startup environment. Candidates have 2-5 years of experience in a top-tier law firm and should be familiar with (early-stage) Venture Capital financings and general legal matters. Candidates should be interested in working independently in an entrepreneurial and startup environment. Candidates will be part of the investment team and will be both driving new deals independently (sourcing to closing) as well as working closely with the other members of the team for the execution of their investment opportunities with regards to legal matters.
The position provides the opportunity (and is intended) to be both a Venture Capital Legal Counsel & Investment Manager position in one.
General Counsel / Legal Counsel tasks include the following:
- Support transactions from inception through closing with regards to legal matters
- Review of investment documentation and contracts of potential targets
- Review Data Rooms of potential targets with regard to legal matters
- Creation of legal contracts and investment documentation for targets
- Review of investment targets from a legal point of view (incl. completeness check)
- Portfolio Management for exisiting portfolio companies (with regard to legal and follow-on financing matters)
- Filing of corporate records and investment documentation from existing and new deals
- Liaise with the legal counterparts from our different investment vehicles for investments
- Setup and structuring of potential new investment vehicles
- Work directly with the Executive Team on general legal matters on a corporate level
Investment Manager / Associate tasks would include the following but are not limited to:
- Evaluation of new investment opportunities active in Blockchain / DLT (incl. business model analysis, competitor research, and due diligence)
- Review of business models and financial models of the targets
- Lead transactions from inception through closing
- Review documentation and Data Rooms of potential targets
- Conduct portfolio management for exisiting portfolio companies
- Work on investor marketing, reporting, and fundraising efforts (incl. fundraising documentation)
- Contribute to publications/online content and industry events
- Represent the company at networking events in the blockchain technology / alternative investment industry
- University degree in law [requirement]
- 2-5 years work experience in a top-tier law firm with focus on Startups and Venture Capital financings
- Sound knowledge around startup and Venture Capital financing deals
- Interest in startups and (blockchain) technology
- Advanced MS Office skills (esp. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly motivated team-player with international mindset and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, well-organised, proactive, result-oriented
- Fluent in German and English
If this positions could be a potential fit for you, please submit your application. Also, if you think you could be a good fit for our team but don’t fully suit the description, please contact us in any case and let’s discuss. We are looking forward to hearing from you – thanks!
About CV VC
CV VC is an early-stage venture capital investor with a focus on startups that build on blockchain technology. In addition to our venture capital investments, we operate our own incubator and ecosystem business under the CV Labs brand, consisting of co-working spaces, advisory and events.
Blockchain technology has the potential to significantly impact many industries, and we believe that the next, third wave of large tech companies.
The current social and economic environment has led to a digitization push that will cause certain industries to grow disproportionately, we call this Technology for Tomorrow (T4T). We believe that the following six verticals show exponential growth and therefore offer the greatest opportunities from an investment perspective: Future of Work, Lifestyle & Health, Education & Science, Security & Identity, E-Commerce & Logistics and Finance & Investing.