The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transfo
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The team of investigators at Chainalysis are world-class problem solvers adept at conducting complex cryptocurrency investigations. We utilize our cutting-edge capabilities and skills to provide advanced support to our customers, helping them disrupt illicit activity on the blockchain.
Investigators are equal parts technical knowledge, tenacity, and intuition. As a Chainalysis Investigator you will measure your success by your impact on our customers’ mission and the execution and expansion of investigation support at our key customers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Provided technical advice and investigative support for extremely difficult, complex, and highly sensitive investigations especially as they pertain to cryptocurrencies
- Become a sought-after and trusted advisor to investigators, analysts, and leadership within your assigned account and provide training and guidance to other investigators and analysts.
- Reviewed the adequacy and completeness of investigations and the data collection methods to determine the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of that data resulting in more thorough investigations
- Prepared in-depth summaries of data from extensive research and analysis to set forth recommendations for investigations, lead follow up, and potential risks that could hamper an investigation that have led to meaningful results related to the customer’s mission.
- Prior experience working for or with law enforcement or other government agencies on investigations on complex cryptocurrency investigations relating to darknet markets, cybercrime, fraud or other crime types.
- Experience of combining advanced OSINT techniques and threat intelligence to help progress cryptocurrency investigations.
- Experience of producing in-depth reports pertaining to cryptocurrency analysis across a variety of blockchains.
- Experience of briefing operational teams and senior leaders on both the opportunities and risks in regards to cryptocurrency investigations.
- Speaks English and Spanish
- Experience of working with data scientists and other technical specialists to proactively exploit on and off-chain data.
- Experience of producing evidential material relating to cryptocurrency analysis.
- Have completed Chainalysis Reactor Certification (CRC) and Chainalysis Investigation Specialist Certification (CISC), or an equivalent qualification.
- Experience of analyzing and combining datasets to generate insights and investigative leads.
- Spanish passport holder and resident
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy – USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy – EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy – APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.