Who we are: At TrueLayer, we're building a global open banking platform that's changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verifica
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
TrueLayer Client Operations team are part of the engine which help our client either pre or post sign-up. This team has several functionalities from day to day Client Care to Technical Support but also Transaction Monitoring and AML investigations. Our Client Operations team have a full view of the customer journey influencing it at every step by ensuring our clients have a smooth experience using our platform from the very first time to business as usual.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Investigations Specialist to join Truelayer in developing TrueLayers ongoing monitoring processes. You will play an integral role to maintain our first line of defence against money laundering and financial terrorism. This position is focused on protecting TrueLayer from financial crime exposure.
We are looking for an AML subject matter expert who is well versed in financial crime typologies and trends. We’re looking for someone who will assist the Financial Crime Manager in propelling forward the development of our Transaction Monitoring capabilities and enable us to deliver rules-based solutions that monitor behaviours in real-time. We need someone who really understands the Financial Crime regulatory framework and typologies, and has expert knowledge in how to develop systems, write rules and employ models to most effectively detect and prevent all types of Financial Crime. We are looking for someone who is prepared to contribute to continuous improvement opportunities in this area.
You will be supported by your team members and other cross-functional areas to ensure that you have access to information and tools to best develop our financial crime fighting function!
As our Investigation Specialist, you will:
- Work closely with the Financial Crime Manager to contribute to the ongoing improvement of systems and processes.
- Provide support scoping, designing and implementing transactions monitoring rules and scenarios to satisfy a risk-based approach.
- Assist with the process of defining and documenting transaction monitoring procedures.
- Support data sourcing and data quality processes for transaction monitoring, working with relevant stakeholders to review data quality issues and remediation priorities.
- Complete complex investigations, articulating findings in a comprehensive report, identifying financial crime risks and making concise recommendations.
- Identify financial crime typologies and trends and communicate these to the wider team.
- Act as a subject matter expert and escalation point for queries made by junior members of the team and the wider business.
- Be comfortable working to/ setting KPIs and support in the accurate collation of MI for Senior Management Team/ external reporting.
What we expect from you:
- You have experience in the implementation of improvements to Transaction Monitoring systems and processes.
- Experience in formalising transaction monitoring rules and incorporating these into automated systems.
- Experience conducting complex financial crime investigations -reviewing transaction monitoring alerts, conducting analysis on potential hits to determine whether further investigation is required.
- Ability to present findings on clients following an investigation, including a comprehensive assessment on the financial crime risks and recommendations (e.g. customer exit).
- Experience dealing with a range of different business customer types.
- Ability to effectively identify trends and emerging typologies that can be used to enhance transaction monitoring rules in place.
- You should have an understanding of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services/ different customer types.
- Good working knowledge of Financial Crime risks, AML controls and regulatory standards.
- Comfortable working with other functions and questioning or escalating, where appropriate.
We would be really excited if you have:
- Experience performing transaction monitoring reviews for eCommerce Merchants,iGaming/Gambling and/or Cryptocurrency businesses.
- Understanding of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Have a recognised Financial Crime qualification.
- Experience in Finance, a Financial Technology company or a Technology company
- Experience in a hyper growth technology startup.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home and our incredible offices in London Milan Sydney and Dublin
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private health insurance from the day you start ️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) ️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).