Nowadays identity is becoming digital. We are no longer in control of all the data of our identity (who we are, our governmental documents, our medical data, our reputation and behavior in the online
Nowadays identity is becoming digital. We are no longer in control of all the data of our identity (who we are, our governmental documents, our medical data, our reputation and behavior in the online environment, etc.).
Identity management can be performed on two types of architectures:
- centralized, where the user data is in the control of the organizations
- decentralized, where the user is in the control of his identity
In the centralized architecture, one frequent model is the Identity Provider model that performs the authentication and allows the user to access a multitude of online services. TrustID is ELCA’s solution for identity management and Multi Factor Authentication (MFA).
One decentralized model is Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI). At a high-level glance, SSI relies, on one hand, on a blockchain to provide trust to third parties involved in some interaction with the user, and on the other hand, on the wallet that allows the user to control the use of his/her identity.
The aim of the proposed internship is to study the state-of-the-art in SSI and to implement a proof-of-concept of MFA with SSI.
In this role
- Study the existing/emerging standards for SSI.
- Offer a brief overview of the existing technologies to implement SSI.
- Select the adequate technologies and development frameworks.
- Study how existing established authentication standard (SAML and OIDC) are compatible with SSI
- Implement a proof of concept of MFA with SSI.
What we offer
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Personal development through training and coaching
- A flat hierarchy and a culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- High innovation and research backed up by collaboration with universities like EPFL
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good life balance (41 working hours per week and possibility to work 2 days per week from home)
About your profile
- Good knowledge in security, identity management and privacy
- Knowledge of Ethereum or Hyperledger Indy could be a plus