Interest in at least one of the following fields: Software engineering, real-time systems, embedded software, security technologies, operating systems,…...
Internship / MSc Thesis in Industrial Software Systems
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB Research organisation is developing the foundations for the next generation of ABB products. While being the largest Research Center within ABB, the Swiss Research Center is also the most international one with 100 employees coming from more than 30 different nations. Our two departments, namely Energy Technologies and Industrial Solutions, cover research areas such as Power Device Technologies (Materials, Current Interruption), Power Electronics, Sensing and Software Solutions for Power Utilities and Industrial Applications. Our Industrial Software Systems team performs research in a wide range of topics, including machine-learning applications, cyber-security, real-time and embedded systems, computer networking and intelligent distributed systems. We are offering several internship positions or the possibility to write a Master’s thesis and provide the opportunity of working on real-world problems in a flexible and dynamic research environment. Internships are scheduled to commence in January 2021 and typically cover a period of six months on a full-time basis. This is an outstanding opportunity for you to put theory into practice. A better world begins with you!
- Exploration of current challenges in software systems via direct interaction with ABB R&D units
- Review of academic literature
- Design, evaluation and documentation of potential solutions
- Quick prototyping of solutions through proof-of-concept implementations.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or similar field; enrollment to 5th semester or higher is essential
- Interest in at least one of the following fields: Software engineering, real-time systems, embedded software, security technologies, operating systems, distributed computing, blockchain, data analytics, machine learning, computer vision, wireless communication protocols
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, e.g., C, C++, Python
- Proficiency in English
- Willingness to learn and quickly adapt to new research topics
- Self-motivation and hands-on attitude
- Ability to think conceptually and express ideas clearly and convincingly
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together. Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate