Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will develop and implement communications programs to support the CIO mission, evolve the CIO story, and keep employees across the CIO organization up to date and energized on the company’s vision, goals, product positioning, projects, and executive updates.
Through purposeful, strategic and engaging communications, the Internal Communications and Engagement Specialist will plan, deliver, lead, and measure a fully integrated internal communications strategy to amplify the overall CIO organization’s narrative and strategy, and improve and retain employee engagement. In addition, you will be missioned to deeply connect the employees in our organization to our broader company (including Marketing, Human Resources, Product, and Sales), our leaders, and each other.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled storyteller with a knack for building a strong culture of collaboration to create experiences that engage, connect and inspire our community of employees.
Under direction from the CIO office, you will also work closely with a small communications team to develop an internal communications platform that is fully embedded into employees’ daily
working lives and provides an effective two-way flow of information. Within this team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with passionate leadership, and have and the ability to make a huge impact
on a new and evolving organization and company!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the CIO comms team in delivering the internal communications strategy and engagement plan.
- Ensure that business goals, initiatives and people news are communicated effectively and in line with our mission, while championing the importance of employee voice and inclusion.
- Create communications programs that ensure ensuring clear, open, and accessible communication about our business and our people.
- Develop and implement specific communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success.
- Interpret internal communications data and user feedback to evaluate and improve communications and employee engagement.
- Amplify the overall messaging/narrative and strategy across our organization and beyond.
- Drive collaboration across our organization and the broader organization.
- Drive a ‘social’ mindset to boost employee engagement and foster a sense of collaboration and pride across the organization.
- Develop and author a variety of internal and executive communications including presentations, announcements, blogs newsletters, etc. to be delivered across a variety of communications channels.
- Maintain the editorial calendar, write stories, shoot videos, and contribute to the intranet.
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee morale.
- Oversee the creation of communications assets to ensure that it is consistent with the organization’s brand, including blogs, website copy, and more.
- Coordinate All Hands meetings for second line managers and above.
- Build a listening culture and feedback mechanisms into internal communications to enable employees to have an opportunity for dialogue.
- Build and foster relationships across business functions to understand requirements and ensure employees are engaged and informed no matter whether they are based remotely or in our physical offices.
- Plan and organize regular events which encourage two-way dialogue between management and employees, as well as colleagues in different teams to encourage knowledge sharing and best practices.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role.
- Proven ability to write and tailor content for specific audiences that demonstrates a deep understanding of messaging, positioning and stakeholder needs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to translate complex messages into engaging and informative copy.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Great project management and time management skills.
- Highly organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Must be a team player and able to work cross-functionally, collaboratively and effectively with others at all levels in an organization.
- Analytical skills and the ability to provide insight into program/project progress.
- Well-organized and resilient to ever-changing timelines, priorities, requests, and deliverables.
- Comfortable expressing a point of view and taking risks.
- Ability to take technical concepts and deliver them into simple, compelling, articulate, digestible messages/value propositions to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in storytelling, writing, copy-editing, proofreading, and developing and delivering presentations.
- Egoless writer – able to take feedback from multiple sources and resolve issues independently.
- Comfortable learning new programs easily to enhance company-wide communication.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with O365, communications tools and channels.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Creative and able to think of new and innovative ways to communicate and engage with our employees.
- Experience of looking at best practices elsewhere and identifying what might transfer into our environment.
- Ability to effectively measure whether the desired outcomes have been achieved from various initiatives and to use this learning to improve future communication.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.