The fulfilment of obligations related to the bank account, particularly regulatory. The Due Diligence team is part of the overall Financial Crime Intelligence …...
Interim Financial Crime Support
About the Role
Working under the Head of 1st line Financial Crime. A firm is able to offer to its customers a deposit account, protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (‘FSCS’). The deposit account is provided by our Client under its deposit taking licence. The fulfilment of obligations related to the bank account, particularly regulatory.
The Due Diligence team is part of the overall Financial Crime Intelligence (FCI) function responsible for identifying, understanding, and mitigating the financial crime and reputational risks involved in entering new business relationships and maintaining / expanding existing relationships. The FCI team has specific responsibilities covering Due Diligence, Transaction Monitoring, Customer / Payment Screening and Fraud. These responsibilities apply to new and existing customers.
As part of Due Diligence, you will be responsible for supporting 1st line Fin Crime Operations, with the risk assessment on all new Partners and for ongoing oversight in line with Policy, Standards and procedures. In doing so you will be identifying, understanding, and mitigating the financial crime and reputational risks involved in entering new BaaS. You will continually ensure the customer risk profile and FCC Framework falls within our Clients risk appetite and escalate issues or regulatory breaches through relevant governance forums.
You will need to take a flexible approach in your responsibilities. As such you will be required to undertake additional duties as commensurate with your experience
Core Skills and Experience:
- Support in ensuring compliance with all internal policies, Standards, industry guidance and regulation
- To collate and review Information
- Complete Due Diligence to assess risks from new BaaS relationships ensuring compliance with Financial Crime’s Policies, standards, and procedures.
- Monitor existing BaaS Partners in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Support in the delivery of relevant aspects of the AML & Sanctions Enhancement Programme
- Support the development and implementation of new systems and controls
- Escalation of all material financial crime risks for further consideration and / or action.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business to meet role objectives and deliver key activities
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant financial crime legislation, regulatory changes, and industry best practice.
- Promote the importance of financial crime issues and act as a point of guidance for stakeholders
- Maintain an effective Risk and Control environment ensuring all issues and actions are closed within due dates
Financial Services/Banking Experience:
- Significant knowledge of financial crime control frameworks and regulatory standards.
- Strong knowledge of sectors such as money remittance, electronic money, APIs, Cryptocurrency firms, and merchant acquirers.
- Significant knowledge of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Significant knowledge of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services in financial services.
- Experience dealing with complex business models, PEPs, sanctions, red flags, and suspicious activity investigation ideally within Correspondent banking relationships.
Key Skills and expertise
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement.
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency
- A recognised AML / Sanctions / Fraud qualification is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we’re always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.