CEX.IO is an ecosystem of products and services connecting people to the opportunities of decentralised finance and the digital asset economy. Since 2013, millions of global customers buy, sell, trade
CEX.IO is an ecosystem of products and services connecting people to the opportunities of decentralised finance and the digital asset economy. Since 2013, millions of global customers buy, sell, trade, store and earn digital assets using CEX.IO.
We have won many awards over the years, most recently from Hedgeweek for being the Best Exchange.
For nine years we have led the way in innovation, services, and a strong regulatory approach amongst the digital asset landscape. We were first to introduce the purchase of bitcoin with a credit card back in 2014. Now, with multiple banking relationships, markets and supported payment instruments, we bridge traditional and decentralised finance for a diverse range of users. For some, CEX.IO is their first experience with cryptocurrencies; others take advantage of our professional and enterprise solutions.
With offices in the UK, US, Gibraltar, Cyprus and Lisbon, we are regulated in many of the world’s leading crypto jurisdictions. The companies under the CEX.IO umbrella maintain licences, registrations and/or operations in 48 U.S. states, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Canada, and many other jurisdictions.
Currently, we are looking for VP/Director level institutional sales people to join our team in the UK.
Working from CEX.IO’s London office, the VP/Director level institutional salesperson will be a member of CEX.IO’s institutional sales team and be responsible for driving revenue growth for our business through engaging with prospects in our target markets, onboarding new clients and partnering with existing clients to broaden their product coverage.
CEX.IO runs a successful prime business providing a suite of products designed specifically for institutional clients. You will partner with CEX.IO’s product and marketing leads to deliver the full suite of CEX.IO’s institutional products and services, while ensuring an awesome client experience.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who exhibits a strong passion for financial innovation, who enjoys working cross-functionally and collaboratively to solve complex problems and is excited about the world of decentralised finance and the digital asset economy. You should have significant senior experience of sales and sales leadership.
This is a ‘lead and execute by example’ role and compensation which will be commensurate with experience and revenue generation.
Reporting in to the MD of Prime, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Prospect and convert new clients to join the CEX.IO ecosystem; initially for spot crypto products including order execution, custody and staking, and later derivative products.
- Execute based on the institutional sales strategy for the EU including supporting the hiring plan, account territories and coverage plan.
- Shape and evolve the systems and processes we use for sales to more effectively cover institutional clients and deliver a better experience.
- Achieve realistic quarterly goals for engaging and onboarding clients and achieving volume and revenue targets.
- Work with our trading, lending, tech, compliance and accounting teams to resolve challenges with the institutional client experience.
- Communicate plans and progress to institutional teams and the management team on a frequent cadence.
Education / Knowledge:
- A proven passion for crypto markets is a must, with the ideal candidate having at least 1 year’s experience working specifically within European crypto, knowledge of the crypto landscape and having relationships that are monetizable within CEX.IO, those being crypto native institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience as a senior sales professional within a financial services firm.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced trading environment that functions 24/7.
- Broad network of crypto, professional trading, institutional and HNW relationships.
- Deep understanding of the needs of institutional clients.
- High integrity with ability to represent the CEX.IO brand.
- Desire to build robust processes and procedures to support the growth of this business unit.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and mature interpersonal skills.
- Experience with trading or lending is desirable.