Introduction Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requ
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
In the Instana sales org, SE’s represent a critical component of our sales motions as a prospects trusted advisor and pre-sales tech lead. As leader of the SE org, your principal responsibilities will be empower your team to be the most effective trusted advisors they can be. The director will ensure SE’s are armed with everything they need to push pre-sales technical engagements to a successful completion, while working with leadership staff to align with all future sales objectives.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience selling or supporting technical products
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of the current Devops landscape. Specific experience with microservice architectures a plus (Ex: Kubernetes, Docker, Linux and Windows OS concepts, middleware components, and programming languages)
- Experience with all 3 major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) Familiarity with observability and APM concepts Strong analytical and organization abilities
- Position will require up to 40% travel to customer sites, trade shows, and conventions and allowed in compliance with COVID travel policies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Resourceful – “Self-starter” mentality that enjoys taking charge of teams
- Collaborative – must be able to work across leadership and amongst various teams to ensure all sales goals are being achieved.
- Inquisitive – must have a “seek to understand” mindset and the ability to ask cogent questions to understand customer and internal challenges
- Confident – must be open to learning “new” ways of solving challenges while being able to clearly articulate their point of view and vision for the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A successful director can communicate across department functions, within their team, and with customers clearly, effectively, and with a high level of EQ.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.