Euronext is the primary exchange in the Euro zone with close than 1 500 listed issuers worth more than €3.9 trillion in market capitalisation as of end August 2019, an unmatched blue chip franchise consisting of 26 issuers in the EURO STOXX 50® benchmark and a strong diverse domestic and international client base.
Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets. Its total product offering includes Equities, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices. Euronext also leverages its expertise in running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties. Euronext operates regulated markets, Alternext and the Free Market; in addition it offers EnterNext, which facilitates SMEs’ access to capital markets.
Within the Innovation team, the Intern core missions will be the following:
- Scout and analyse new trends, to ensure the team and Euronext at large are fully aware of nascent threats and opportunities,
- Contribute to identify, screen and liaise with fintechs relevant to Euronext’s core activities and diversification ambitions,
- Contribute to facilitate innovation challenges,
- Contribute to define and develop use cases and projects on emerging technologies and business models, notably around alternative corporate financing (security token offerings), new trading models and concrete artificial intelligence applications,
- Contribute to the production of briefing notes and presentations, including for Euronext’s Managing Board,
- Contribute to commercial and technical due diligences and to build business plans.
Considering the size of the Innovation team (3 persons) and its transversal nature, this position requires strong autonomy, rigour and analytical skills to communicate efficiently with external and internal stakeholders, including with Euronext’s top management.
Final or penultimate year student, ideally combining engineering and business or political science background, with strong academic credentials.
A first successful internship in the capital market industry, including in a consultancy or fintech, would be a strong plus but is not required.
The successful candidate will be fluent in French and in English.
Desired skills :
- Autonomy, proactivity and ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines (required),
- Rigour and strong attention to detail (required),
- Strong analytical skills (required),
- Strong written and oral communication skills (required),
- Command of Office pack (required) and programming skills,
Demonstrable interest in capital markets evolutions, fintechs and new technologies, notably blockchain, digital assets, cloud and artificial intelligence.
- We respect and value the people we work with
- We are unified through a common purpose
- We embrace diversity and strive for inclusion
- We value transparency, communicate honestly and share information openly
- We act with integrity in everything we do
- We don’t hide our mistakes, and we learn from them
- We act with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- We are adaptable, responsive and embrace change
- We take smart risks
- We are positively driven to make a difference and challenge the status quo
- We focus on and encourage personal leadership
- We motivate each other with our ambition
- We deliver maximum value to our customers and stakeholders
- We take ownership and are accountable for the outcome
- We reward and celebrate performance
We remain committed to providing a positive hiring and onboarding experience for our candidates during these unprecedented times. Where our offices can open safely, they will remain open; otherwise our employees are able to work efficiently from home. The well-being of our employees, their families, our external partners and visitors is our upmost priority and we are closely following Government guidance in all our locations to ensure all health and safety guidance are met.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other legally protected factor. We value the unique talents of all our people, who come from diverse backgrounds with different personal experiences and points of view and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect.
This job description is only describing the main activities within a certain role and is not exhaustive. It does not prevent to add more tasks, projects.