Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you initiate an infrastructure strategy as per the global project plan and individual requirements of each system separation approach. You work with each application owner on split strategy to ensure there will be no impact on global timeline, broken dependencies or limitations from infrastructure perspective. You also liase with site/region owners to accommodate infrastructure split requirements and dependencies in accordance with security policies and procedures; setup/update global migration milestones based on outcome from site surveys. You define milestones, set-up an appropriate schedule for the development of major deliverables and highlights project dependencies.
- Presenting the project plan to management, and oversee the respective approval process for the prepared strategy and plan
- Directing the team/vendors to the target goals
- Coordinating the activities/requirements with 3rt party vendors to ensure smooth integrations from Infrastructure perspective for the newly introduced applications
- Working with various departments on their policies to ensure there will be no breaks against the processes, but on time and impact less integration for new applications
- Managing the requests for infrastructure services by support vendors in regard of changes to be applied, in accordance with timeline, demands and limitations
- Delegating tasks within process owners and SMEs ensuring successful completion on time for specific infrastructure activities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A master’s degree in business or Computer Science or equivalent
- High level experience in Networking , Voice, On Premise and Cloud Data Centre
- Experience in preparing infrastructure strategy as per the global project plan and individual requirements of each system separation approach
- Experience in managing infrastructure carve out programs, Define milestones, setting up an appropriate schedule for the development of major deliverables
- Coordinate the activities/requirements with 3rt party vendors to ensure smooth integrations from Infrastructure perspective for the newly introduced applications
- Controls execution of each task related to application integration or infrastructure change
- Strong business orientation with outstanding analytical problem-solving skills
- Certification in any of the Cloud Hyperscaler platform would be a added advantage
- Capacity to quickly understand business problem statement, and business operational processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in German and English (written & spoken)
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss work permit / EU passport
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.