ICG Digital Assets – Product Lead for Enterprise Blockchain ICG Digital Assets Product Lead for Enterprise Blockchain is an exciting role focused on innovation in Blockchain, DLT and Digital Assets w
ICG Digital Assets – Product Lead for Enterprise Blockchain
ICG Digital Assets Product Lead for Enterprise Blockchain is an exciting role focused on innovation in Blockchain, DLT and Digital Assets with focus on Blockchain initiatives working across Citi ICG businesses. The role would have responsibility of directly driving initiatives, formulating strategy, building out cross-ICG products and capabilities and engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including FinTechs, functional partners, clients and regulators. The role will support building a distinct point of view on where and how ICG should pursue opportunities including new products, new clients, and new investments.
This role is an integral part of the ICG Digital Assets team leading the work on initiatives for Enterprise Blockchain across our businesses. The team aims to be a thought leader, with deep expertise in DLT technology, market structure and ICG businesses. We work across businesses such as Markets, Securities Services, TTS and BCMA and various functional partners in leading the identification and execution of initiatives. We also work closely with FinTechs, clients and counterparties.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background as well as business background that enables them to drive engagements and interact at the executive level. The candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about product and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We’re looking for a domain expert who will be seen as a peer across key influencers in driving forward and delivering on the Blockchain and Digital Asset strategy.
Key Responsibilities cover the following areas:
- Identify new opportunities working with clients, counterparties and Citi businesses
- Lead efforts in building capabilities and platforms in a cross business cross functional basis
- Develop expertise in this growing domain which could considerably change the business landscape
- Be on forefront of regulatory, client, counterparties advances and drive deeper views into applications, capabilities and risks
- Manage strategic program roadmap for the product
- Ensure appropriate risk guardrails in partnership with enterprise risk teams
- Ensure right technology roadmap to support product requirements
Candidate would have
- Deep expertise in Crypto & Digital Assets related technology and market structure
- Ability to drive and execute on new business initiatives
- Appreciation and understanding of risk & control requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking
- Deep experience in working within a financial services, technology, or consulting role with focus on DLT/Digital Assets/Crypto technology
- Passionate about the potential of DLT / Digital Assets with experience in building solutions in this space
- Expertise and background in banking and financial services
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to work unsupervised and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Function Role, subject to the FCA and PRA Certification Regime.
The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which came into effect on 7 March 2016.
Under the Certification Regime, Citi UK regulated entities (Citi entities) must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation
- Financial soundness
- Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above.
This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, regulated reference checks, credit checks and other background screening checks
Job Family Group:
Private Client Coverage
Private Client Business Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.