Introduction IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research UK, at Hursley, seeks a Research Engineer with a strong background in computer science to join the UK team on a Security Residency.
We offer a stimulating research environment comprising multi-disciplinary teams with diverse expertise working on challenging projects in a world-class research organization. We have access to cutting-edge experimental environments and strong ties with industrial, national, and academic research labs around the globe. You will be part of a team that is making a difference on how we can accelerate discovery using advanced technology.
This residency will see you working on the Homomorphic Encryption for Cloud project
(HE4Cloud) to provide a platform for executing Data Science workloads in the Cloud using the privacy-protecting capabilities of Homomorphic Encryption. We are looking for team members who can join the team to help us extend the existing HE4Cloud platform to add new data science workloads and help us move the platform from research prototype to production-ready.
We have 2 vacancies on the HE4CloudProject
Your role as a member of our global Research Labs will be to:
- Contribute to research plans as part of a team, aligned with our strategy, that have the potential for significant impact, advance new technologies or lead to the creation of innovative approaches that can disrupt and create markets.
- Collaborate effectively with our industrial, academic, and internal partners advancing our research and receiving feedback on initial prototypes.
- Create innovative solutions and evaluate them through the design and creation of initial prototypes.
- Communicate the outcome and impact of your research, both internally, and externally, through publications in top-tier scientific journals and conferences, and presentations in relevant forums.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for research scientists and software engineers with a post-graduate qualification in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Material Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related topics.
Our requirements for you are;
- Strong Technical Development skills (C++ / Java / Python)
- Ability to learn / integrate new technology skills rapidly
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
As a preference you will also be able to show;
- Understanding / experience in Data Science and Machine Learning techniques
- Understanding / experience of DevOps / Continuous Development / Continuous Integration frameworks
- Understanding / experience of containerised technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Strong Mathematics background
- A Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Material Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related topics.
About Business Unit
We are part of the global IBM research team of around 3,000 researcher based on 5 continents. The focus of our research is around the use of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, high performance computing and modelling & simulation to provide solutions to industrial research challenges from a wide range of industries including manufacturing, pharmaceutical and aerospace.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.