I_SDSMALAGA_SENIOR_BACKEND_DEVELOPER Country: Spain WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING Position Title: Backend Developer Division/Soc: SCIB-SGTO Area: SCIB - Banking Location: Mala
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Position Title: Backend Developer
Area: SCIB – Banking
SCIB-SGTO is looking for a Software Engineer , based in our Malaga office.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
At Santander ( www.santander.com ) we are key players in the transformation of the financial sector. Do you want to join us?
Santander Global Technology & Operations (SGTO) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 3000 people in 8 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile, Poland and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Backend Developer, you will
- Develop and maintain scalable and efficient web applications using Spring and Java-based technologies.
- Design, implement, and maintain microservices, ensuring their quality and scalability.
- Collaborate with other developers and architects to design high-quality technical solutions and ensure consistent implementation.
- Work as part of a team to identify and solve technical and operational issues.
- Optimize and improve the efficiency of relational databases in the context of web applications.
- Participate in code review, testing, and quality assurance to ensure the delivery of high-quality software.
- Assist in implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools like Jenkins.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
– Passion / interest for technology and start-up methodology.
– Desire to Learn
– Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changes
- At least 5 years
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good proficiency English
- Nice to have Spanish
- Nice to have big data (Spark, python, Hive), Cloud AWS and Azure, other databases (neo4j, mongoDb) and other technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing web applications with Spring and Java technologies.
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to work effectively with other developers and stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and maintaining relational databases.
- Knowledge of Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools.
- Ability to solve complex and challenging problems in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander