Introduction This role is responsible for working closely with the up-line leaders and Executives to proactively address business priorities related to closing talent gaps, workforce optimization
This role is responsible for working closely with the up-line leaders and Executives to proactively address business priorities related to closing talent gaps, workforce optimization, employee relations and HR issues, engagement, leadership coaching and succession management and organizational design and culture.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Advise and counsel on a broad range of HR issues and challenges faced by multiple levels of managers and executives.
- Support a variety of HR initiatives and projects involved in setting up a standalone HR organization.
- Embed diversity and inclusion in all HR topics and priorities, driving representation and inclusion to enhance culture and improve employee experience and performance
- Drive the successful creation and roll out of various HR programs related to talent acquisition, compensation, rewards and recognition, employee development and career progression, employee engagement, performance management, and workforce optimization. This will involve understanding program design, tracking, and analyzing progress against goals, etc.
- Assist managers and executives as they drive organizational change, build organizational capability, and drive a high performance culture.
- Partner with the broader HR ecosystem on strategic and tactical initiatives driving programs that are effective both at the functional and global level.
- Actively support employee engagement activities in one or more of our key locations. This may include planning, organizing and / or speaking at events.
- Note: This role will support functional leadership and therefore will support leaders across multiple countries and time zones.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, etc…
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including strong technical skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to thrive in times of uncertainty and growth
- Experience supporting global business units across multiple time zones and cultures including operating as part of a collaborative global HR team.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues, coaching leaders to effective outcomes, and identifying HR business solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelors Degree and Applicable HR certification such as SHRM strongly preferred.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.