Introduction Are you an out-of-the-box and forward-thinker? At the IBM Client Innovation Centre we are always looking for developer superstars to work on multiple exciting projects, in a friendly and
Are you an out-of-the-box and forward-thinker? At the IBM Client Innovation Centre we are always looking for developer superstars to work on multiple exciting projects, in a friendly and energetic working environment. If this is you, and you’re eager to learn, whether you have 1 or 20 years of experience, we’d love to hear from you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Implementation of an Internal Helpdesk for a large client, in AWS Connect, potentially also working with Lambda, Contact fLows, Lex, Dynamo DB, S£, Customer Profiles
- Working closely with Helpdesk delivery team, client and wider IBM project team
- Senior Developer responsibilities, using agile delivery methodologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Contact Center industry experience
- Experience building integrations across WFM, CRM, Unified Communications, and contact center solutions
- Working knowledge of popular communications protocols and APIs such as WebRTC and SIP
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience, preferably in the enterprise space (Developer)
- Experience of AWS products including LEX, S3, Lambda, Contact Lens, Dynamo DB.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience developing solutions with code/scripting (e.g, python, java, c#, .NET, Node.js)
- Passion for building contact center solutions and getting hands dirty.
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following:
- Designing highly available applications with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, communications, server hardware and storage
- Application, server, and/or network security
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, for you to be eligible for this role, you must have the valid right to work in the UK for at least a 2-year period prior to applying. For certain projects, all applicants must be British nationals with 5 years of unbroken residency, ideally 10 years.
Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.
About Business Unit
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment – this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems?
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.