About us Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable,
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account.
Sygnum’s diverse and talented team of banking, investment and DLT experts is shaping the development of a trusted digital asset ecosystem with strategic partners including Swisscom and Deutsche Börse Group.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to join us in the next phases of our development as we grow our company from a high-growth start-up to a leading global entity. As Head of Software Engineering you will lead a team of strong internal developers both technically and personally.
- Build and lead a highly talented engineering team
- Assist the CTO in technical and strategical decisions
- Manage the Tech Leads in technical teams that design, develop, test and deploy new products and solutions
- Improve development processes, technology infrastructure and a culture that enables a geographically dispersed team to collaborate effectively
- Contribute as a key member of the Portfolio Management Group
- Collaborate with other leaders to define the product roadmap and ensure that the software engineering team is well aligned with business objectives
- Take active part in the development, especially in strategically important projects
- Many years of in depth technical experience in development and architecture
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding in our technology stack mentioned below
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated successful track record creating a high-performing, collaborative culture that continuously ships high-quality, institutional-grade products and solutions
- Technical expertise to drive architectural decisions, both in applications and systems infrastructure; deep knowledge of key architectural principles found in highly scalable systems
- Proven ability in running and scaling a team of engineering professionals, attracting outstanding talent, and creating a culture of innovation and technical excellence.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to present engineering strategy to the Board and investors
- Known as an inspirational, emotionally-intelligent leader, who builds strong relationship networks and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Blockchain, fintech or banking experience highly preferred
- Master of Science (engineering preferred)
Current Technology Stack
You cover most of our tech stack or are willing to learn:
- React, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, StencilJS
- NestJS (NodeJS), TypeORM
- Blockchain, web3js, etherjs, Rosetta
- Kafka, Redis, Zookeeper
- Docker, Dockerfile, docker-compose, GitLab CI/CD, OpenShift
- AWS: ECS, EKS, S3, RDS, Lambda, Step Functions, etc.
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the future of our world’s financial system.
- An amazing, highly skilled, international and motivated team of professionals.
- Flexible working time models and free coffee, tea on office premise.
- Experienced leadership teams who are masters of scale and will facilitate smart growth.
- Regular gatherings with the teams and plenty of jokes and laughs .
If you’re passionate for technology and blockchain with a massive worldwide impact, then please send us your CV!