At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare…...
At accuRx, we’re on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple – to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK’s fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us and over the past few months we have worked really hard on driving adoption within Hospitals, our product is now used in over 50% of trusts and this number is growing day by day. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient’s care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks. We then spent November and December building a vaccination booking system that has already saved frontline staff many hours and helped with vaccination uptake for vulnerable people in the UK. See our public roadmap for what’s up next .
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
User Research at accuRx
Our users are at the heart of everything we do at accuRx. By having a deep understanding of the needs of frontline NHS staff, we’ve built software that solves a real problem and is simple to use. By always placing our users at the centre of product development, we now have over 100,000 frontline NHS staff use accuRx to communicate with patients and each other every week. e need someone who can help us scale this, ensuring as a company we remain incredibly user-focused as we grow.
Quotes from our users:
“I genuinely believe you have saved a number of lives by preventing unnecessary exposure to infection…an amazing example of how response technology in the NHS should be….”
“Thank you for role modelling help & innovation in these challenging times. You are an inspiration to us all…”
“Amazing what your team is doing for the country. I hope you all realise the really significant contribution you are all making…”
Life as a Head of User Research…
- Ensuring everyone at accuRx understands the needs of our frontline users and feels empathy for their pain points
- Growing, managing and developing our team of user researchers
- Improving our user research tools and processes to meet our needs as we scale
- Ensuring the team is always working on the highest leverage research, and performing it to a high standard
- Ensuring research plays a strategic role in product development
- Making sure insights about our users are easily accessible and widely spread in the company
- Work from our London office most days
We’d also really like to hear from you, if…
- You have led a team of User Researchers previously, preferably working in cross functional software teams
- You have strong leadership skills, and the ability to coach the team in the appropriate methods and approach required
- You have in-depth knowledge of User Research methods
- You’re empathetic, love talking to people and have the ability to strike up a good rapport easily
- You’re mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You’re passionate about improving healthcare
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you’ll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary: £70,000 – £80,000 + Shares
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team, our company handbook, values, benefits, approach to diversity and more.
Want to know the 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx? Check out our EVP.