Interest or know-how of blockchain technology applied to digital currencies. In our development plans, we will also expand towards ML and blockchain solutions…...
As Head of Technology, you will manage the IT strategy, IT infrastructure, IT team, as well as all technology-led projects aiming at enhancing our e-commerce, logistics, and operational framework.
With a direct report to the MD, you will manage and develop our platforms and teams to scale at the International level and gain a significant competitive advantage against competition.
At the core of armadioverde business model and user journey, there is an event-driven serverless platform based on AWS with an advanced frontend, an in-house ERP (used by our ops team), and a digital currency called ‘stars’. In our development plans, we will also expand towards ML and blockchain solutions where you will have a reporting dotted line to the CEO and the responsibility to support the R&D team with IT deliverables.
Whom we are looking for
To be successful in this role you need at least 15 years of experience in the above areas and you have been scaling IT platforms (and teams) in a scaleup or in a fast-growing corporate division, probably with a direct report to a very senior CTO. In your previous roles, your work has represented a tangible success factor to the business, outpacing the competition and any internal expectations in the IT area.
Ideally, you have applied all this experience in a direct-to-consumer business (even better if in a fashion or lifestyle industry). You are an expert in several IT verticals, but you are also conscious of the wider digital landscape surrounding a company’s IT backbone (social networks, new reselling channels, latest e-payment solutions, mobile-first technology, etc).
We expect you to lead the projects not for the sake of tech, but with a clear, identified, and measurable outcome towards the customer, the business, its P&L, and your internal customers.
the ideal candidate will have
- Manage & develop all technical and IT aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage.
- Design and implement IT architectures with long-term goals in mind.
- Help the sales, marketing, ops, and finance departments to use our technology profitably.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality, security, and efficiency.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes in line with the latest regulations.
- Create and monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Identity and drive outsourced IT projects on time and on budget.
- Support the marketing team with insights on technical aspects of digital advertising.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to the technology.
- Present and get approved by the management team and the board a technology strategy, a budget, and relevant resources with the backing of solid analytics and rock-solid due diligence.
- A passion for technologies that enhances people’s lives and the environment.
- A solid track record as an inspiring team leader with excellent communication skills.
- Approach at coding and IT with strategic thinking.
- A problem-solving attitude and stamina allow you not to crack under pressure.
- Interest or know-how of blockchain technology applied to digital currencies.
- A BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
Why work with us
- Once aligned on the overall objectives, enjoy the freedom to decide, act and get things done.
- Take part in a journey across European expansion.
- Deliver a massive strategic impact on how armadioverde will grow.
- Join a highly motivated team of great professionals.
- Be a pioneer in circular economy and sustainability.
- Feel on a daily basis the personal contribution to the company’s success.
- Have a tangible, positive, sustainable impact on how we consume today and tomorrow.
- Flexible remote working.
send us a mail with your CV