Setting up and managing a catering team to prepare our daily lunches. Overseeing our regular team events, such as monthly team dinners and our annual summer…...
At accuRx, we’re on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple – to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK’s fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us and over the past few months we have worked really hard on driving adoption within Hospitals, our product is now used in over 50% of trusts and this number is growing day by day. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient’s care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks. We then spent November and December building a vaccination booking system that has already saved frontline staff many hours and helped with vaccination uptake for vulnerable people in the UK. See our public roadmap for what’s up next .
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as Head of Space and Events at accuRx
We’ve got to where we are today because of our inclusive and friendly culture, where people enjoy spending time with each other. As we grow from around 80 to 200 people over the next year, you’ll be responsible for making sure we keep building bonds and have great space to work in, and the team are healthy and happy.
- Making the most of our current HQ in Haggerston, ensuring people have a collaborative, productive, and healthy work environment
- Managing our office manager(s) and future front of house team
- Managing the fit-out and move to our next office
- Setting up and managing a catering team to prepare our daily lunches
- Overseeing our regular team events, such as monthly team dinners and our annual summer retreat
- Organising one-off celebration events
- Setting up a programme of inclusive team events in the office
- Helping accuFolk run events for their teams, ‘clans’ (business areas), and clubs/societies
- Working with our Community and Talent teams to help organise events for our users and prospective candidates, and to host meetups
What the team say …
Jacob – Co-founder and CEO
“Coming out of lockdown, we want people to look forward to coming into the office every day. Our team has grown 3x over the past year, and we’re looking for someone who can accelerate building belonging and relationships, likely through good food and fun activities together “
We’d really like to hear from you, if …
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience (e.g. hospitality management, live events, managing a co-working space), which includes managing a team
- You have experience managing a fit-out project (whether office, restaurant, festival…)
- You’re serious about food and feeding people – ideally you’ve run a catering team before
- You care about making sustainable decisions – sourcing from ethical suppliers, fixing things when they break, cutting down waste…
- You have an eye for detail and can make sure our office space is tip-top
- You’re happy to roll your sleeves up and fix things, paint things, assemble things…
- You enjoy planning creative team events (rather than just outsourcing everything)
- You’re mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You’re passionate about improving healthcare
- You’re excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you’ll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 + Shares
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team, our company handbook, values, benefits, approach to diversity and more.
Want to know the 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx? Check out our EVP.