Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clien
We are looking for a Head of SRE to join our small but high impact team in our office in Zurich.
- Develop and execute plans for continuously building the SRE function in line with Sygnum’s strategy and growth plans.
- Ensure systems scale effectively through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Harden our existing production environments and introduce good practice and processes for continuous improvement
- Grow and coach the SRE team with focus on individual / team performance goals as well as development needs.
- Be an advocate for SRE practices across the development team and provide practical guidance
- Jointly own (with the development team) the processes and automation infrastructure which ensures high quality continuous releases of reliable infrastructure for our customers
- Analyse and improve the security of systems while maintaining usability.
- You have several years of backend software development experience in any of the following languages: TypeScript, NodeJS, Java or Go;
- You have significant knowledge of architecting, building and securely maintaining infrastructure running on AWS, Azure or GCP in an immutable (declarative) fashion;
- You’re familiar with DevOps practices and can advance them among peers;
- You have solid experience with Docker and orchestrators such as Kubernetes, OpenShift or ECS
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (preferably with GitLab)
- Experience with DevSecOps practices and with building/adhering to a Secure SDLC
- Experience with meeting strict SLOs (of up-to 99.999%) in production services
- Knowledgeable of event-drive microservice architecture, including custom-event processing (preferably Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink)
- Knowledgeable of integrating and deploying service discovery securely (preferably with Consul/Envoy)
- Proven experience of maintaining and building large-scale production systems
- You have participated in competitions such as ACM ICPC, IOI, or similar
If this reads like your profile, please send us your application with a 1-page CV. Even if you’re not there yet but still think you could be a good fit for our team, please contact us and we’ll figure something out. Thank you.