Crypto.com is looking for a dynamic, experienced Head of Risk and Security for Ireland. The Head of Risk, Ireland will work alongside Ireland General Manager…...
About the company
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it’s a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of “cryptocurrency in every wallet” into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 1000+ strong global team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role
Crypto.com is looking for a dynamic, experienced Head of Risk and Security for Ireland. This position is critical to the continued success of the business. The Head of Risk, Ireland will work alongside Ireland General Manager and our group CISO, supporting our top-of-class Risk and Compliance programs.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee Ireland Operational Risk function and maintain and address any deficiencies in the Risk Management Framework.
- Establish adequate risk management policies and procedures, aligned to the Group framework, to identify, measure and provide for the proper monitoring, reporting and mitigation of all material risks relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems.
- Ensure with the help of the local compliance team that the risk management policies and procedures of the Company are in line with any applicable law.
- Advise the Board of Directors of the Company in relation to the overall risk appetite, tolerance and strategy of the Company and assist the Board of Directors of the Company with the execution of risk management strategies.
- Preparation of Quarterly Risk Reports for the attention of the Board of Directors and Monthly Risk Updates to the General Manager.
- Assist and liaise with other internal committees of the Company and the Board of Directors in general as well as with any new business venture, process, or strategy being considered and present adequate risk assessments.
- Monitor the reputational risk of the Company and report any findings that pose additional risks to the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Identify training needs and train the Company’s staff members in relation to risk related matters. Advise senior management on risk related activities.
- Manage regulator risk related queries and data protection related matters and provide timely and effective feedback.
- Participate in internal operational risk assessments, internal audits, customer audits, compliance certifications, third-party risk management and customer security questionnaire responses;
- Act as the local market point liaison with the global risk and security teams to ensure technical and organisational controls (eg. ISO27001, PCI-DSS, GDPR) are fit for purpose, effective and compliant with local market requirements.
- Oversee Ireland’s business continuity plans and execute periodic resilience tests and audits.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in the Financial Services sector with proven experience (5+ years) as a head of function or similar, preferably in regulated institutions, or on major risk related projects and programs.
- Experience in developing risk models for major infrastructure projects and programs. Good working knowledge of the systems and toolsets used for Risk Management, and cost and schedule risk analysis systems.
- Experience in operational risk management including but not limited to information security, regulatory compliance, business continuity, internal audit and/or enterprise risk management;
- Experience with one or more of the following: conducting internal control assessments, risk assessments and/or internal audits;
- Prefer experience with any of the following: PCI-DSS, SOC2, NIST cybersecurity framework, ISO 27000 security standards, and data protection regulations and requirements;
- Experience in building and managing a team of risk professionals.
- Knowledge and experience within FinTech, Blockchain and Crypto assets operations is an advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A track record of working effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and within and across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
- High degree of integrity, initiative, perseverance, coupled with exceptional organisational, analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity to understand the bigger picture and drive change to make a difference in the organisation.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent work experience in relevant field.
- Risk related certifications/qualifications will be an advantage.
- We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Flat team. Work side by side with the co-founding team
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team.