The Head of Product will be responsible for leading and maintaining a team of Front and Back End Engineers and managing projects with tight deadlines....
Head of Product
The Head of Product will be responsible for leading and maintaining a team of Front and Back End Engineers and managing projects with tight deadlines. We need a person who is experienced in managing SaaS style projects.
This candidate will be coordinating with teams across the organization to understand teams’ product needs and build out their strategy accordingly. In each of these projects, you will ensure that outcomes are on budget, within brand, and incorporating current technical trends.
- Leading a team of Front/Back End Engineers and managing projects with tight deadlines.
- Experienced with a variety of software languages such as Python, Ruby on Rails and React.
- Collaborate with other teams and will give and receive creative feedback across teams.
- Communicate cross-functionally to understand technical needs.
- Scheduling and coordinating projects and bringing them into fruition.
- Bringing your own ideas about projects into fruition.
- Lead strategy and development of all technical campaigns.
- Remain current on emerging trends in digital technology to incorporate new technologies into your strategy.
- Manage production timelines, vendor relationships, and quality or cost controls.
- Assisting the web development team with all aspects of website and application design.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and other Developers to refine feature design and functionality.
- Assisting with the testing and maintenance of Front /Back end applications.
- Brainstorming new tech applications such as digital storage and mobile technology.
- Collaborating with developers to implement new web features.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
Familiarity with a variety of software programs.Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) some of our most-used languages — Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to function as part of an effective team.
- Must be able to prioritise, multitask, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong design, communication, and project management skills
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player as well as a leader.
- Time management skills: Meet scheduled deadlines.
- Creativity: Generate ideas and bring them to fruition.
- A can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile and to always be professional and courteous towards your colleagues and external contractors.
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- High performer with a long term perspective who is driven by results.
Would be great if you’re curious about or familiar with:
- MVC Web Framework (e.g. Rails, Django)
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- GraphQL, Apollo, Apollo Federation
- Event Driven architectures, Event Sourcing
- Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture
- Other backend languages (e.g. Node, Go)
- React, TypeScript
Cryptonary is the leading research, analysis, and news brand for digital assets. Founded in 2017 and initially based in London.
We’ve been fully remote since 2020 and the Cryptonary team is spread across 8 time zones, covering the cryptocurrency space all hours of the day.
Through the Cryptonary website and social media channels, we interact with thousands of technologists, financial market participants at any given time. On an average day, our content is seen by up to 500,000 people.
Cryptonary delivers insights and research into how this emerging sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets.
Our motto is simple: Crypto for everyone.
This role is Remote-based and open to candidates throughout the world. We are a company that currently employs people from 8 different time zones and we are hoping to expand upon this to deliver global insight into the Cryptocurrency sector.