Who we are: We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. By adding new products to
We’re an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. By adding new products to our portfolio, beyond on-chain data – we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
At its core, Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
We are looking for a Head of Legal to build an in-house capacity to manage all legal, corporate, tax and regulatory matters including corporate governance.
You will provide input and advice on a broad range of new products and business initiatives, supervisory, and governance structures with a focus on cryptocurrencies and blockchain data, transactions, and business strategy projects.__
What you will do
- Building an in-house legal department incl. implementation of contract management tools, managing outside legal counsels/tax experts, liaising with third parties
- Advising on the legal and governance framework for the business units within a regulated environment in various jurisdictions
- Analyzing and monitoring legal and regulatory developments in the crypto space, especially in the field of data privacy. Providing hands-on subject matter expertise in data protection (DSG and GDPR)
- Conducting risk assessments, evaluations and determining necessary actions
- Lead corporate structuring in various jurisdictions and supervise setting up new structures
- Drafting and revising legal documentation, directives, standard contracts and terms & conditions, and internal directives under Swiss, European and common law jurisdictions
- Supporting tax structuring, regulatory and compliance matters
What you need to have
- A Law degree and further qualification (in particular LLM)
- Bar admission is a plus
- 7 – 10 years of proven experience as a lawyer (ideally in a startup or technical environment)
- Knowledge of the scope and concept of the current legal, tax and regulatory developments
- Experience with corporate structuring and data protection matters, ideally in an international environment; alternatively, you have a considerable interest in and willingness to develop expertise in these areas
- Structured way of working, are motivated to initiate and drive projects, able to work autonomously whilst remaining collaborative
- You can balance multiple complex situations in order to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency and quality standards
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, which help you to quickly identify client needs and legal/regulatory risks and develop workable solutions
- Quick perception, proactivity and precise working methods
- A high degree of motivation, assertiveness and independence
- Excellent conduct of business English and German
What we offer
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join a young, self-funded and already profitable company in a future-proof market
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering – you will help us figure out what we’d need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too – this year we went to Lisbon for a week, and more adventures are coming
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.