The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world renowned cryptogra
The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dapps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the global VP of Finance, you will lead:
- Production and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements of Swiss legal entities compliant with Swiss Code of Obligations, IFRS and Swiss GAAP FER
- Periodic Swiss entity financial closing process and the day-to-day finance operations such as accounts payable and payroll including collaboration with third party accounting service providers
- Effective internal controls for all Swiss financial entities
- Local audit process with external auditor, tax auditors (incl VAT) and local regulators
- Tax submissions to income tax, VAT, social security and other authorities. Optimize tax position.
- Cash management and relationships with banks and intermediaries (brokers, market makers) to optimise costs, short term money market investments and returns
- Globally, including our US entities, the company-wide planning, budgeting, performance and management reporting process and deliverables
- People management of a small (2-3 FTE) but highly specialised finance team: financial accountant, management accountant and treasury analyst; in close collaboration with your US based peer who leads a similar team.
Background and Skills:
- CPA, CFA or equivalent (e.g EXPERTsuisse) with minimum 8 years experience in a big 4 accounting firm or equivalent
- Profound knowledge and experience in applying IFRS and Swiss GAAP FER in particular accounting for financial instruments;
- Fluent in both english and german: able to conduct meetings, correspond and negotiate with relevant financial institutions (banks, brokers, insurers), authorities (taxation, regulators), interpret accounting guidance and financial market regulation in both languages
- Experience and interest in hands-on production of financial reports and process automation. Knowledge of Netsuite accounting system is a strong plus.
- Genuine interest in crypto, technology and how it can revolutionize corporate finance, accounting and financial markets. Appetite to innovate and learn.
- Superb operational and people management skills and able to work internationally across cultures, languages and time zones. Driven by fairness and performance.
This is an opportunity for someone who is rock solid in the field of treasury, finance and accounting and is keen to learn, discover and innovate. We do not expect you to be an expert in a fintech industry that did not exist 5 years ago but do want you to be passionate about creating it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.