About the company: Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million users on its platform today
About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it’s a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of “cryptocurrency in every wallet” into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 1000+ strong global team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role:
Crypto.com is looking for a dynamic, experienced Head of Finance for Ireland. This position is critical to the continued success of the business and will provide leadership in the areas of Financial & Strategic Planning and Financial Governance & Reporting. The Head of Finance, Ireland will be based in Dublin and report to the General Manager, Ireland.
You will be responsible for the financial planning, forecasting and financial reporting and will hold the overall responsibility for implementing internal finance controls. The Head of Finance will be responsible for the implementation of the financial framework, manage day-to-day banking relationships, conduct on-going reviews of the Company’s payments, accounting, and finance procedures, set up the respective local systems and controls and ensure proper reporting, both internal and external regulatory reporting.
- Prepare and maintain operating budgets, local accounting and reconciliation mechanisms and manage and oversee the cash flow of the company ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive financial strategy to support business growth goals, and regulatory requirements, ensuring all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Maintain and enhance the existing stress testing methodology and scenarios to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the Company and external regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and file financial statements, VAT and tax returns, as applicable.
- Prepare and file regulatory reporting as required by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting and periodic reporting of financial results to Ireland General Manager, Group CFO and Board of Directors.
- Conduct profit and cost analyses, identifying funding requirements and cost reduction strategies.
- Maintain and oversee banking relationships.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in the Financial Services sector with proven experience (5+ years) as a Head of Finance function or similar, preferably in regulated institutions.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management with a depth of knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory frameworks in Ireland and requirements related to Financial institutions, Electronic Money, and Crypto assets is an advantage.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Deep understanding of the Financial Services sector and products. Knowledge and experience within FinTech, Blockchain and Crypto assets operations is an advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A proven track record of working effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and within and across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
- High degree of integrity, initiative, perseverance, coupled with exceptional organisational, analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity to understand the bigger picture and drive change to make a difference in the organisation.
- Data analytics skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
- Educated to a degree level, ideally within Accounting, Finance, or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA) will be considered as an advantage.
- We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Flat team. Work side by side with the co-founding team
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team.