Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered. What we’re looking for: Our Head of Finance, who wi
What we’re looking for:
What you’ll be doing:
1. Finance and accounting
- Develop and manage the budget across the organization together with key participants.
- Driving the company’s finance capabilities to surpass gratification, retention and company goals.
- Controlling company costs, and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Monitoring invoices, money handling procedures, accounting, bank and crypto processes.
- Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports and conducting profit and cost analyses.
- Ensure that accounts are accurately produced and delivered to the Executive Management and Board according to agreed timetables, as well oversee the efficient delivery of the monthly payroll.
2. Risk management and Leadership
- Conduct risk management, allocate internal and external resources and manage cash flows.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations and lead on the annual external audit and any internal functional audits.
- Completing performance reviews in a prudent manner and leading one Team Member.
- Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies, as well collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Support Business unit Leaders in negotiating programme/ project contracts and maintain the highest standards of financial integrity, as well oversee the organisation’s cash forecasting and treasury function.
What we look for in you:
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, blockchain/ crypto reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
For this key role, we do only accept applications from residents in Switzerland (headquarter) currently.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
- Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters