Job : Institutional Banking Primary Location : Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London Schedule : Full-time Employee Status : Permanent Posting Date : 01/Sep/2021, 11:12:41 AM Unposting Date
Primary Location: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-London
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 01/Sep/2021, 11:12:41 AM
Unposting Date: 01/Oct/2021, 5:59:00 PM
About SC Ventures
SC Ventures is a platform and a catalyst for Standard Chartered to promote innovation, invest in disruptive financial technology and explore alternative business models. We see the need for neurodiversity, where we build solutions for business outcomes, using different capabilities and skillsets
Zodia Custody is a venture incubated by SC Ventures. We combine the Banks’ expertise as trusted custodians with the agility of a fintech company to drive industry leadership and transformation. Zodia Custody is a cryptocurrency custodian serving institutional clients across the globe. Zodia Custody is committed to be a force for good across all aspects of our business, the value of Zodia Custody is our people and their diversity which is central to our success. We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our business
Zodia also operates a separate partnership between BC Technology Group (BC Group), Asia’s leading digital asset company and parent of Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)-licensed digital-asset platform OSL, and SC Ventures. With a presence in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, and initially targeting the European market, the partnership will connect institutional traders to counterparties across markets, delivering access to deep pools of liquidity in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other digital assets. It aims to launch in the fourth quarter of 2021, subject to regulatory approvals.
The Exchange product is one of Zodia’s two core strategic product lines alongside Brokerage. The Head of Exchange position is considered as one of the key internal stakeholders responsible for defining and executing the overall business strategy.
- Ability to operate at a senior commercial level interacting seamlessly with the Head of Distribution and other internal stakeholders to drive the business strategy to successfully acquire, and retain, customers in the Exchange business line.
- Have primary input for Exchange pricing policies, competitor insights and delivery of customer-oriented product innovations.
- Central to the role is building and managing a customer acquisition pipeline, which results in closure of new Institutional customers for Zodia’s Exchange business. This includes all aspects of successful customer acquisition including pipeline management, scoping, pitching, and onboarding.
- Work closely with the Head of Distribution and Zodia’s Marketing function to design and implement ROI accretive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement programmes.
- Collaborate and work as part of the executive team with a primary responsibility for driving revenue in a risk and compliance focused operation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key clients and liquidity providers, with a focus on delivering a high-quality service with integrity and in adherence to best practices with respect to conduct.
- Represent the business in relation to Exchange matters within the broader Bank’s trading organisation.
- To design and deliver a clearly defined Exchange strategy, with measurable targets and incentives aligned to the values of the organisation.
- Coordinate daily with settlement, product, development and key liquidity providers to ensure a healthy, sustainable exchange environment.
- Working closely with the key control and delivery functions, including Risk, Compliance, Client Onboarding, Distribution, Operations and Technology to ensure an excellent client experience.
- Monitoring exchange data to maintain a fair, orderly and transparent environment.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Risk Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- CEO of Ireland and Head of Distribution
- Head of Operations
Our idela candidate will the posses the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior sales, business development or product role at a leading exchange.
- Experience of cryptoasset markets preferred but not essential.
- Ability to lead by example and provide in-depth product expertise in the Executive leadership team of the business.
Communications and client management skills
- Core ability to ensure that relevant stakeholders receive relevant and timely information on developments in the business, with the priority on ensuring “no surprises”.
- Ability to lead discussions around complex problems with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to engage a wide ranging client base with differing levels of education and understanding of the asset class to ensure they not only feel comfortable with the specific risks that trading in cryptoassets can bring, but also that they feel comfortable executing with our desks.
- Demonstrated history of successfully crafting and delivering on large, complex business plans.
- Experience operating across multiple jurisdictions with familiarity of the fast-moving regulatory environment impacting cryptoasset markets.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, independent, and assertive with good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills capable of interacting with C-suite executives
- Highly motivated, results driven with entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to align with the values of teamwork, integrity, strive for profitability and innovation
Apply now to join the team transforming the digital asset space