Work closely with cross functional product and commercial teams, in which our data people embed. Communicate insights and recommendations to key decision makers…...
At accuRx, we’re on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple – to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK’s fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us and over the past few months we have worked really hard on driving adoption within Hospitals, our product is now used in over 50% of trusts and this number is growing day by day. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient’s care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks. We then spent November and December building a vaccination booking system that has already saved frontline staff many hours and helped with vaccination uptake for vulnerable people in the UK. See our public roadmap for what’s up next .
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as Head of Data at accuRx
- Grow and manage our small team of Data People across Product and Commercial departments.
- Work closely with cross functional product and commercial teams, in which our data people embed.
- Upgrade our data insight tooling to meet the emerging needs of our hyper-scaling startup, ensuring we always know if we’re winning or losing
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key decision makers across the business, encouraging data informed debate.
- Provide expertise in how data can be leveraged to further shape our product and help achieve our mission
- Help coordinate Data People across the organisation to align with business priorities.
- Ensure data is visualised and understood across the organisation and for our customers
- Establish quality standards for the work your team delivers and optimise for efficient and speedy, careful execution.
- Work from our London office most days
What the team say
“This role will be crucial in taking accuRx to next level. This will scale our data team and the infrastructure it needs to turn data into insight.” Benji Portwin, Head of Product
We’d really like to hear from you, if…
- You have the technical competence, communication skills and leadership acumen required to coach the other members of your team on all of them.
- You are a great communicator, both in writing and orally, and can establish relationships with product, design and engineering. Ideally you will have enjoyed working in cross-functional teams previously.
- Have experience in how data is consumed and shared across different teams in an organisation. You’ll proactively identify opportunities to use data to solve problems across the organisation.
- Have experience with productionising data science solutions to be able to assess the risks/feasibility involved in implementing DBs/ETL pipelines/computationally expensive models
- Have expertise using SQL and R or Python.
- Have experience with experimentation and experimental design, alternatives to experimentation, challenges with design, deployment and analysis of AB tests.
- You’re mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You’re passionate about improving healthcare
- You’re excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you’ll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary: £70,000 – £90,000 + Shares!
Here are just some of the reasons why accuRx is an awesome place to work:
- Work on building a better healthcare system, with a thoughtful, smart and driven team.
- Meaningful share options, so you have a share in our success.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Flexible start and end to your day. We trust you to be productive and own your work : )
- We provide breakfast and a constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
- We provide lunch every day. We’re pescatarian
- Monthly team dinners, we alternate between cooking in the office and heading out to local restaurants. Team favourites include making our own sushi, pizza and pasta!
- Time on the frontline – Everyone spends at least two days each quarter in a GP Practice, to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- Spill – we provide access to confidential sessions with a qualified therapist, to help support good mental health.
- Tyve – we give you the option to donate to a charity of your choice directly from your salary, pre-tax.
- Office yoga, team runs & HIIT classes.
- Annual week-long Summer Retreat, with partners and kids invited for the weekend.
- £500 annual wellness bonus – to support both physical and mental health. Use this for anything from gym memberships to meditation apps.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension scheme
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, trans people, non-binary people, people with disabilities and people from black and underrepresented ethnic communities.
We have set ourselves some targets to hold ourselves accountable – check them out.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team, our company handbook, values, benefits, approach to diversity and more.
Want to know the 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx? Check out our EVP.
Job Type: Full-time