eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world with a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positi
eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world with a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading, blockchain and machine-learning-based investment products. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its clients’ interest in mind.
eToro Money is a part of the eToro Group and drives the neo-banking services for eToro customers, providing eToro Trading clients with a smarter and more cost-efficient way to manage their money, moving funds into and out of their trading account instantly and at better exchange rates than other available deposit and redemption methods.
Job Description / Responsibilities
To support eToro Money’s rapid growth, we are looking for a hands-on candidate who will be responsible for providing Compliance and Risk oversight for FCA authorised and regulated entity eToro Money UK. Additionally, the candidate will support the eToro Money program in general (globally) and will act as a senior domain expert for e-Money regulation subjects within eToro. You will specifically be responsible for:
- The design and oversight of the regulatory risk and compliance monitoring programme.
- Advising the Board and broader Group on complex regulatory issues.
- Advising the Board on the regulatory landscape, including new and emerging developments.
- Maintaining a positive and transparent relationship with the FCA.
- Overseeing the drafting and ongoing maintenance of robust policies and procedures across the entire regulatory compliance domain.
- Clients’ funds safeguarding and wind-down planning.
- The submission of ad hoc & routine reporting to the FCA, including formal notifications (where required).
- The review and approval of financial promotions / marketing campaigns.
- Supporting product development, including advising the Board on the use of the Firm’s EMI license to develop product and services.
- Giving general compliance opinions/support.
- Participating in Board of Directors meetings.
- Advising the eToro Group on the development of e-money services in other geographies.
- Working on compliance subjects with 3rd parties, such as VISA, Mastercard and others.
- Being a designated FCA approved EMD Individual.
- Managing a small team of compliance professionals.
The person taking on this role will be someone who has worked with one of the larger banks, electronic money or payments institutions before and has a good understanding of what an optimal regulatory/risk framework looks like in today’s regulatory environment, particularly in the context of innovative business models.
The preferred candidate is articulate, numerate and can grasp complex concepts with ease, all of which whilst working within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Priorities often change at the last minute and sometimes, information is required at short notice. You must be comfortable working within this kind of environment.
In summary, the requirements are as follows:
- Strong knowledge of EMI/PSP/card issuing activities. Must have worked in such environments previously.
- A subject matter expert in Electronic Money Regulations, Payment Services Regulations, Money
- Laundering Regulations and PSD2.
- Previous experience (>5 years) as a Head of Compliance or equivalent senior-level position.
- Experienced in building working relationships with the FCA and FOS.
- Possess a deep understanding of regulatory frameworks, risk and risk management systems.
- In general, be able to command respect and be seen as a source of knowledge in his/her particular discipline.
- Experienced in filing regulatory reports.
- Organised and articulate.
- Be capable of showing an impressive track record of having performed under similar situations in a fast-paced, multi-regulated, multi-asset environment.
- Knowledge and experience in Operational Resilience and Conduct Risk management frameworks and best practice.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; must be comfortable communicating with senior management and external advisers.
- University-level education.
- Ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
Why Join Us?
We are an inclusive and social team, based in fantastic offices in Canary Wharf and working a hybrid home and office arrangement. We love what we do and are proud of our culture of flexibility and autonomy.
Our benefits include medical cover, pension, lunch allowance, as well as additional leave days – our highly valued recharge days. We have lots of other cool perks like fantastic parties, eToro merchandise, birthday money and many other special touches to keep you happy!