About the opportunity Department Description The Emerging Technology team explores, validates, and implements new and upcoming technologies of relevance to Fidelity’s business and to the financial s
About the opportunity
The Emerging Technology team explores, validates, and implements new and upcoming technologies of relevance to Fidelity’s business and to the financial services industry in general. Our team of research analysts and engineers combine their passion for solving business needs through the lens of these emerging technologies and social trends. We also explore for interesting solutions and ideas across the fintech landscape and use our custom approach to test and validate their offerings in a rapid manner.
Purpose of the Role
DLT is one of the focal points within the emerging technologies at Fidelity. The centre of excellence will serve towards leading research and creating the required capability maps and reference implementations to aid the dialogue and adoption of this technology across the company. The CoE will also serve to create and drive standards and best practices for any projects involving DLT in a safe, secure and sustainable manner.
We are looking for a person to lead this CoE and create a clear perspective of the demand pipeline for the adoption of DLT across several use cases.
- Establish the CoE team
- Establish the capability maps and reference implemtations
- Establish firm wide learning curriculum to help associates gain new skills in an organic manner and monitor their adoption
- Provide guidance to our senior technology governance body on matters related to DLT adoption across the technology organizations
- Develop best practices guides for adoption, implementation and operation of DLT
- Lead the efforts and work closely with cross functions from Risk, Legal and others, on identifying the risks associated with the introduction of DLT
- Support technology organizations within the firm with matters related to DLT standards and processes
- Partner with external community of enterprise tech firms, start-ups, fintechs, consortia and government bodies where required to influence the dialogue towards adoption of DLT
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Extensive experience in the software industry with a significant proportion in a managerial capacity
- Experience of working in multi-cultural and global environments
- At least 3 years in roles related to Blockchain and DLT
- Deep understanding of both private and public networks, consensus mechanisms and common technologies in the industry
- Proven extensive knowledge in digital assets, market trends and related regulatory developments
- Strong ability to influence without authority and drive very wide programs in complex (and global) environments
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships and influencing all levels of technology and business organizations
- Strategic thinker with ability to articulate vision clearly to broad audiences
- Great presentation skills – ability to articulate complex topics and technologies in clear messages and presentations
- Experience in the financial industry will be an advantage.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $783.6 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
We are committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our business, our colleagues and our clients. We offer the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. We call this new approach “dynamic working”.
Find out more about what we do, our history, our new approach of “dynamic working” and how you could be a part of our future at https://careers.fidelityinternational.com/about-us