As a Hardware Engineer focused on FPGA Development, you will be involved in building all critical aspects of Worldcoin's hardware device and its manufacturing....
Worldcoin is a new global digital currency that will launch by giving a share to every single person on earth.
We believe that the transition to a native financial layer on the internet is an important step for humanity. It is free, frictionless and not controlled by anyone. This transition has already started on a small scale for insiders, but cryptocurrencies have failed to reach mass adoption over the last 10 years.
Worldcoin aims to rectify this by creating a new cryptocurrency and distributing it to everyone on earth through a novel approach: a dedicated hardware device ensuring both humanness and uniqueness of everybody signing up, while maintaining their privacy and the overall transparency of a permissionless blockchain.
Hardware Engineer, FPGA Development
As a Hardware Engineer focused on FPGA Development, you will be involved in building all critical aspects of Worldcoin’s hardware device and its manufacturing. Since this is a senior engineering role, you will come to this role with previous experience in firmware development, hardware engineering, mechanical design, and manufacturing planning. In particular, you should have extensive experience in embedded applications, with a special focus on hardware security. Key responsibilities will include designing and implementing measures that will detect whether the device has been accessed or manipulated. To achieve this, you will design suitable hardware circuits and FPGA designs.
- Be responsible for major decisions regarding all necessary hardware approaches to secure our device against fraud, which will play a major role in the success of Worldcoin’s core mission.
- Think outside the box and while also meeting core requirements
- Be flexible with how you use pure hardware concepts as well as more complex approaches involving FPGAs/similar controllers
- Specialized in FPGA development, platform open based on candidate preference
- Very experienced in hardware development, with a special focus on anti-tamper measures and cyber-security
- Experienced with PCB design using EAGLE
Worldcoin is co-founded by Sam Altman, Alex Blania and Max Novendstern and funded by Andreessen Horowitz and others. We are looking for mission-driven and high-performing team players, who will help us onboard everyone on earth into a new borderless financial system.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Unlimited time off
- Parental leave
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan
- Professional learning and development stipend
- Lunch and dinner each day upon return to office