Introduction Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains t
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Application programming interfaces (API) are the digital glue that links services, applications, sensors and mobile devices to create compelling customer experiences and help businesses tap into new market opportunities. They allow you to bring new digital services to market, open revenue channels and exceed customer expectations. The IBM API Connect is an API management solution that addresses critical aspects of the API lifecycle for both on-premises and cloud environments providing the capability to create, run, manage and secure APIs and microservices. Our team is part of the development group that develops, deploys, and operates the cloud, dedicated and local form factors of the product. In addition we are involved in all the customer support and efforts to ensure that our customers are satisfied and successful.
As a Graduate Software Engineer, the following duties and responsibilities are required:
- Development (coding) of new software product features.
- Testing of new software product features.
- Diagnosis (debugging) and resolution of software product defects.
- Software product quality improvement activities, including:
o creation of test cases to validate new function or minimize the risk of regressions.
o code refactoring (improving the structure or design of existing code without affecting its external behaviour).
- Participation in the planning and sizing of work as part of a software development team.
- Support of customer raised issues, including debugging and resolution at a Level 3 Support Level and Development level.
- Creation and improvement of software product documentation.
We need to be fast, so we use the latest tools and technologies, with the organisation set up to support the rapid adoption of new open source tools. When a problem arises, we fix it, learn from it, and move on.
Strong team building skills are vital, our culture defines us and your fit is just as important as the skills you bring. You need to be collaborative, able to handle responsibility and love learning new technologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Awareness and understanding of fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving.
- Familiarity with cloud based providers: SoftLayer, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, IBM etc.
- Scripting and deployment topology awareness : Shell scripting, Terraform, Apache Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Operator SDK etc.
- Familiarity with various technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, New Relic, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana.
- Awareness with Agile development methodologies and tools like Git for source code control.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Analytical and communication skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for handling technical challenges – be goal and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge to advise and help customers with problems.
- Proven listening, detail-oriented thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative global organization.
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.