Work on building on top of the Go-Ethereum node. Creating automated (unit & API) tests for code you write. Take part in overall design & architecture discussions. Experience with Go and features of the language (goroutines, channels, etc). Good understanding of web systems and protocols....
We are looking for a Go developer to join our new Cryptocurrency team. Opera is the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As a Go developer in our team, you will be on the cutting edge of building the “web 3” and help make Bitcoin and Ethereum first class citizens of the modern internet.
You will be a part of a small, focused and supportive team with developers, QA:s and business developers. We use Lean principles for day to day work and best technical practices. We work hard together to reach our goals and make the blockchain available for more people. We also understand that work life balance is important to be able to perform and offer flexible working hours.
- Support and develop new features for the backend.
- Work on building on top of the Go-Ethereum node.
- Creating automated (unit & API) tests for code you write.
- Take part in overall design & architecture discussions.
- Experience with Go and features of the language (goroutines, channels, etc).
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of web systems and protocols.
- Understanding of how to use a performance profiler and memory allocations.
- Software development skills, such as architecture design, reusable code, optimization for speed and scalability, and integration of front-end/back-end aspects of web applications.
- Good understanding of version control systems like git.
- Understanding of CI and CD principles.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum.
- Understanding containerization like Docker.
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large scale web applications.
- An opportunity to experience the thrill and challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge global user base.
- A flat org structure and friendly atmosphere where we learn and grow together.
- A place in the team that works on the most cutting edge technologies.
- A flexible work environment.
- Great company benefits.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be processed on a continuous basis so we look forward to your application as soon as possible.