We are looking for a Go developer to join our new Cryptocurrency team. Opera is the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As a Go developer in our team, you will be on the cuttin
We are looking for a Go developer to join our new Cryptocurrency team. Opera is the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As a Go developer in our team, you will be on the cutting edge of building the “web 3” and help make Bitcoin and Ethereum first class citizens of the modern internet.
You will be a part of a small, focused and supportive team with developers, QA:s and business developers. We use Lean principles for day to day work and best technical practices. We work hard together to reach our goals and make the blockchain available for more people. We also understand that work life balance is important to be able to perform and offer flexible working hours.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support and develop new features for the backend.
- Work on building on top of the Go-Ethereum node.
- Creating automated (unit & API) tests for code you write.
- Take part in overall design & architecture discussions.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience with Go and features of the language (goroutines, channels, etc).
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of web systems and protocols.
- Understanding of how to use a performance profiler and memory allocations.
- Software development skills, such as architecture design, reusable code, optimization for speed and scalability, and integration of front-end/back-end aspects of web applications.
- Good understanding of version control systems like git.
- Understanding of CI and CD principles.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
An ideal candidate has:
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum.
- Understanding containerization like Docker.
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large scale web applications.
- An opportunity to experience the thrill and challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge global user base.
- A flat org structure and friendly atmosphere where we learn and grow together.
- A place in the team that works on the most cutting edge technologies.
- A flexible work environment.
- Great company benefits.
Please attach a cover letter and your resume and apply now. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 380 million average monthly active users. Building on 25 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries.
Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.