Who we are: At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, r
Who we are: At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary: Global Pricing Optimization is one of PayPal’s prominent strategic finance functions, with a broad mandate to guide monetization and pricing strategy across PayPal and set pricing as a strategic business lever. We are a team of high performers, operating at the junction of strategy, sales & marketing, product, and execution. We support and advise senior executives in finance, product, sales, business development, strategy, and core payments on pricing and monetization strategies across our products and services, globally. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style and past people management experience. Key to success in this role is to be a thought leader with the ability to juggle a portfolio of projects with a high caliber team. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in Fintech to learn about the changing landscape of financial services & payments technology – mobile, in-store, credit, consumer financial services, financial inclusion, blockchain & crypto, etc.
In this role you will manage a portfolio of pricing optimization projects within the Value Added Services (VAS) workstream, in partnership with cross-functional leads from sales, finance, core payments, legal, risk, marketing, and operations, and structure commercial negotiations with our large enterprise portfolio. Immersing yourself in the nuances of PayPal, you will develop a deep understanding of the business from end to end, allowing you to tackle broader initiatives related to product- or regional-specific pricing, the ever-evolving competitive landscape, strategic partnerships, M&A activities, etc. Given the high-profile nature of Pricing projects, this role offers regular visibility to senior management and the opportunity to materially impact PayPal’s business.
Typical effort revolves around devising the pricing strategy, preparing materials on strategic initiatives for executive discussions, secure alignments with key business stakeholders, Owning the coordination with cross-functional teams on the execution of Pricing strategic initiatives, work with analytics to ensure reporting and track performance.
Job Responsibilities: (m/f/d)
- Carry out market scan and deep-dive analyses to identify potential opportunities (e.g. vertical analysis, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Use financial and competitive insights gained through rigorous analysis and research to deploy best-in-class pricing models and achieve alignment between price, value, and business objectives.
- Size opportunity along with customer segments and product strategies. Own the end-to-end construction of the financial model for these strategies, Leverage across the organization to build and refine business cases.
- Build consensus among cross-functional partners and develop compelling, insightful recommendations for senior management (exec level audience).
- Work as ONE team to execute the pricing initiatives in close partnership with cross functional teams and track the performance of the initiative post-launch.
Who are we looking for?
You should be a self-starter, quick learner and somebody who enjoys dealing with a wide range of topics and has a good sense of humor!
- Relevant experience in finance, corporate development / strategy, banking / consulting, or pricing strategy experience.
- An understanding of payments product & technology or equivalent is preferred and will go a long way in the success of this role.
- Superior analytical capabilities with deep understanding of how a business operates, particularly business and product positioning.
- Experience in building complex financial models, or equivalent.
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in ways others can easily understand (both verbally and via email/PowerPoint)
- Versatile. Ability to navigate a complex, dynamic & matrixed corporate environment while juggling multiple responsibilities, and deliver reliable results. A positive, can-do attitude & collaborative mindset is essential.
- Highly dependable, with ability to drive things to conclusion across teams.
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant & fun to work with.
- MBA, Master’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point and notions of Finance/ Accounting;
- Fluent English; any other languages are a plus
What this Role offers
- Work in a high performing team environment with very high exec visibility
- A true end to end understanding of business and product positioning.
- Opportunity to understand how PayPal makes money, how we define monetization of products and services, learn about the value-based pricing strategy, commercialize customer value proposition of PayPal’s wide range of products and services, understand PayPal’s pricing platform capabilities and future roadmap.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders, with end to end visibility of an initiative/product – Defining strategy and alignment (Product and Business), Go to market and execution (Marketing, GTM, Sales, Operations), Measurement and tracking (Analytics) and exec communications on learnings and impact.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.