The world is changing. We all want something different. At Luno, we see you as an individual. Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become t
The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we’re upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 7 million customers across 40 countries.
- We’re part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Genesis, Coindesk and Foundry Services.
- Our platform has processed over $21 billion to date.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head of Public Policy, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is up for the challenge of leading Luno’s engagement with governments, central banks and financial regulators globally.
You will work closely with Luno’s Communications, Public Relations, Compliance and Legal teams to strengthen existing, and develop new, relationships across the many markets in which we operate. In doing so, you will play an integral part in Luno’s ongoing efforts to shape the crypto regulatory environment and demonstrate the enormously positive financial and societal impact that cryptocurrencies have.
Your mission will involve
- You will be Luno’s first Head of Public Policy, giving you the opportunity to lay the foundations for a strong, effective and impactful global programme.
- You will develop and communicate core initiatives and strategy, and ultimately build out a global team to ensure ongoing successful execution.
- You will maintain an in-depth understanding of the public policy landscape, quickly identifying key policy issues and working with teams across the business to understand and distill Luno’s perspective on those issues for communication to external stakeholders.
- You will create and execute public policy advocacy campaigns to support Luno’s strategic objectives and protect and enhance our reputation with government and regulatory audiences.
- You will be a key Luno spokesperson on public policy matters externally, including through frequent interaction with regulatory and governmental stakeholders.
- You will regularly brief, and provide advice to, Luno’s Senior Management team on public policy matters.
‘ The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have’
- 10+ years of experience in either a political, government affairs, or policy environment, ideally in the fintech, or financial services sector.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to understand and adapt to different regulatory environments.
- A strong understanding of public policy affecting new and innovative markets.
- A willingness to collaborate across geographies, functional areas and competencies.
- A predisposition for taking ownership and consistently delivering excellence.
- A desire for continuous learning, with the ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You’ll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and CodeAcademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you’ll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day… like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, we have virtual quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.