Job Title: Global General Counsel (Fintech/Crypto/DeFi) Location: Remote (UK / USA / Singapore) Salary: Competitive Job type: Permanent, Full Time. We're Wirex and we're not like anyone else. Wh
Job Title: Global General Counsel (Fintech/Crypto/DeFi)
Location: Remote (UK / USA / Singapore)
Job type: Permanent, Full Time.
We’re Wirex and we’re not like anyone else. Why? Because we always do things our way, before anyone else does them – like creating the first ever debit card that lets you pay with crypto, making it easier for ordinary people to access DeFi-powered savings and setting up the world’s first cryptocurrency rewards scheme.
Our vision is a world in which everyone can enjoy the benefits of digital currency – everything from the power to send money around the world near-instantly without breaking the bank to buying, storing and exchanging 40+ top tokens on a secure, easy-to-use platform at some of the best rates in the industry.
We must be doing something right, because more than 5 million people across 130 countries are helping to change the world by using Wirex.
Are you part of the digital money movement? Do you want to change the way people think about money, forever? If your skills fit our vision and you want to join a company that’s really going places.
We’re looking for a strategic and commercially minded experienced lawyer, who understands the big picture and is happy executing on day-to-day operational matters. The Global General Counsel (GC) and Head of Legal is a pivotal role in the Wirex business. The GC provides strategic and commercial legal advice on all aspects of the company, including operational issues, governance, corporate and regulatory legal matters. The postholder will be autonomous and a visionary, who will support and guide organisational priority-setting and decision-making within Wirex’s global strategy. The GC proactively leads and ensures efficient and effective management of the Legal and Regulatory teams, including both human and financial resources.
This is a rewarding, but demanding and complex role, which is integral to the success of Wirex’s growth strategy and will require an experienced and fully qualified leader. Delivery of the role will require buy-in from third parties and stakeholders including regulators, particularly in the UK, EEA, United States and Singapore, therefore, excellent influencing and interpersonal skills are required.
Wirex operates in a context which is more complex than is usual for financial institutions, given the application of its activities. With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world. With such complexities in mind, leading the legal team will require a creative, proactive and versatile approach to providing solutions. Consequently, a pragmatic leader, with excellent judgment is required, as is the ability to navigate a complex regulatory landscape.
- Advise the Boards and the Executive Team on the regulatory and commercial risks to enhance decision-making and delivery;
- Develop and manage relationships with external law firms and ensure that any external legal resource is appropriate for the advice sought and cost effective;
- Advise on regulatory, governmental and financial services law issues affecting Wirex’s products and services;
- LLB, JD or equivalent degree required
- Licensed to practice law in the UK, US, Singapore, or an EEA country
- MA, MBA or BSc in Business Administration is a plus.
- An experienced and qualified legal leader who has experience in leading a complex legal function and managing change and a track record in building strong corporate and regulatory governance.
- An experienced lawyer with at least 10 PQE, with knowledge of corporate governance, financial services, and regulatory law acquired both in private practice and in-house.
- Well versed in all aspects of commercial, corporate and employment law, with extensive general counseling experience in business environments, with an in-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations.
- Able to provide authoritative risk-based advice – including managing litigation and litigation risks in a manner that commands confidence of senior stakeholders.
- A good understanding of financial services and the main components of business activity envisaged for Wirex as well as the bigger picture such as political pressures and the company’s development objectives.
Behaviours and Values
- Ability to promote collaboration and sharing
- Contributes to creating a positive environment
- Passionate about their area of expertise
- Takes initiative, and creates a drives innovations for our customers
- Establishes high personal goals
- Works towards collective success
- Inspires and supports others to succeed
- Private Medical Insurance
- 1 Paid Charity Day
- Flexible working hours
- Remote / Flexible working, London – based candidates preferred
- Annual Training Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus Pay
- Extensive opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech
- Companywide and team social events
- Free subscription to Wirex Elite plan
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift