Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
As the Global Director of Total Rewards (Compensation, Benefits, and Wellness), you will add strategic value across the business by partnering with KX Leadership and the Executive Compensation Committee to proactively design C&B programs that align with the needs and culture of our company. You will be tasked with building a small but mighty team of C&B professionals who will assist in the implementation of strategic compensation and benefits programs. You will be leading programs at scale, from need identification to implementation, while considering the unique needs of our company and cryptocurrency industry.
If you are an experienced Total Rewards expert who is passionate about creating strategic people focused programs at a rapidly growing fast paced organization, apply today!
- The ability to and preferably experience having led the Total Rewards or Human Resources function in a rapidly scaling company through IPO and beyond
- 10+ years of professional Total Rewards or Human Resources experience
- 7+ of the 10 years as a compensation and benefits director, manager, or sr. analyst with proven success in managing international compensation, benefits, and wellness programs
- 3+ of the 10 years was spent at a technology company, startup, or high growth company that had globally distributed, work-from-home teams, as well as international offices
- Confidence and ability to consult with and advise senior leaders
- Must have in-depth and hands-on experience successfully driving various variable pay structures, stock option retention programs, and wellness initiatives outside of standard healthcare benefits
- Expertly tackle the analysis, proposal, and execution of programs such as variable pay, health/wellness/finance, and stock option retention programs
- Evaluate the C&B needs at the company and propose a strategic staffing plan for the Total Rewards team
- Relentlessly analyze, propose, and execute on complex and/or innovative compensation and benefits programs for our globally distributed workforce
- Provide expert level assistance to the CFO and the Finance team in stock options planning and stock option grant proposals for Board approval
- Advise the KX Leadership team and the Executive Compensation Committee on all matters related to compensation philosophy, bonuses, benefits, and the Total Rewards strategy.
- Effectively create proposals for employment strategy (employee/contractor/BPO) and benefits to all relevant stakeholders for the company’s continued global expansion
- Oversee and ensure proper ongoing analysis of changing regulations in compensation and benefits globally, factoring in the impact to Kraken in order to effectively propose strategic changes
- Lead all mandatory compensation and benefits reporting in accordance with compliance standards
- Work with the KX Leadership team and other stakeholders to develop objectives, set priorities and plans for the division and contribute to company KX monitoring and reporting
- Participate as a member of the KX Leadership team in the development of Company policies, guidelines, processes, and strategies
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us