The key responsibilities of this Global role will be to inform and advise Celsius of the obligations of the firm pursuant to the Data Protections Act, GDPR,…...
About Celsius Network
Celsius addresses the financial needs of today’s consumers worldwide through a democratized reward income and lending platform accessible via a mobile app. With a mission to put unparalleled economic freedom in the hands of the people, and a core belief that financial services should only do what is in the best interests of the community, Celsius is a modern platform where membership provides access to curated financial services that are not available through traditional financial institutions. Crypto holders can earn high-yield compounding interest by transferring coins to their Celsius Wallet and can borrow fiat currency against their crypto collateral at the lowest interest rates in the space.
The Celsius team is committed to doing good and doing well. We believe in the power of disruption and the importance of decentralization to create a new system that acts in the best interest of everyone. Each member of our team brings something unique and innovative to the table, but the common thread that links us together is our passion for blockchain, equality, and leading the next financial revolution that changes the equation to bring power back to the people.
An exciting opportunity has come about for a Global Data Protection Officer to join Celsius. Celsius presently has offices in the UK, USA, Israel, Cyprus and Australia, and is looking to expand into new jurisdictions in the near future.
The Role: Full time and initially Remote
The key responsibilities of this Global role will be to inform and advise Celsius of the obligations of the firm pursuant to the Data Protections Act, GDPR, CCPA and other relevant legislations globally.
You will report to our senior management and take responsibility for advising on Celsius’ compliance with GDPR, CCPA and local data protection laws, monitoring our adherence to GDPR and CCPA standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects.
You will create policies that enforce compliance with legislation and deliver GDPR and CCPA trainings to our employees to increase awareness of data protection measures.
Ultimately, you will facilitate GDPR and CCPA compliance through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures.
This is a senior-level role.
What will you be doing?
- Undertake the role of Data Protection Officer, being the point of contact for Supervisory Agencies (primarily ICO)
- Monitor compliance with regulation
- Implement Data Protections Impact Assessments, and provide advice across the company relating to DPIAs
- Identify and evaluate Celsius’ data processing activities
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Ensure Celsius address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes
- Liaise with other organizations that process data on our behalf
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether Celsius needs to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Undertake Data Protection SME contributions for client/vendor questionnaires
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches
- Arrange for training on GDPR and CCPA compliance for employees
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
We tend to look for people with:
First and foremost, a positive attitude and a passion for learning along with:
- Experience in Data Protection and Legal Compliance
- Solid knowledge of GDPR, CCPA and national data protections laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the Crypto sector is preferable
- Compliance awareness with a good understanding of the compliance challenges facing the business
- An understanding of the impact of wider compliance issues on the business
- An ability to work flexibly and re-prioritise work as appropriate
- Able to present solutions
- Able to challenge and influence business decisions
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Manages and plans own work loads
- Ability to translate research and analysis well into reasoned recommendations that informs effectively the decision-making process
- Relevant business knowledge and experience of two regions, distribution channels or entities
- Relevant qualifications
- Actively makes recommendation and solutions upwards
- Gives valuable insight by demonstration a deep understanding of the issues highlighted in the analysis and research
Celsius Network was founded in 2017 with the mission to harness blockchain technology to provide unprecedented financial freedom, economic opportunity, and income equality for the 99%. It’s time to replace our current financial systems with a new model that only ever acts in the best interest of the community. Our goal is to act as a catalyst for financial disruption on a global scale by offering services that will bring the next 100 million people into cryptocurrency. Through our mobile wallet, Celsius members can deposit cryptocurrency to earn up to 10% annually on their coins, or use their crypto as collateral to get a loan at rates as low as 4.95%. #unbankyourself
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be welcomed into a high-performing team and as part of the deal, we offer a competitive package, an annual training allowance, a company culture of change and continuous improvement, a challenging and rewarding work environment with a genuine opportunity to develop.
Celsius is currently operating fully remotely while navigating COVID-19 guidelines, however, Celsius has offices in Hoboken, New York City, London and Tel Aviv and employs remote employees based in cities all around the world. This position is open to all qualified applicants in London as we build our presence globally. Please send CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.