Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Binance Charity is the first-ever blockchain-enabled transparent donation platform. Our goal is to use blockchain technology to help advance the UN’s 17 SDGs. We work to make global giving more transparent and address issues such as corruption, lack of trust in nonprofits, high global transfer fees, inefficient processes and lack of transparency in donor spending.
The Sustainable Development Goals are vast so to help us remain targeted in our approach to prioritize the ‘bottom billion’ and work on progressing financial inclusion through the use of cryptocurrency, this year we’ve introduced our five core pillars: Education for Strong Foundations, Healthy Bodies and Minds, Our Planet Our Legacy, Closing the Poverty Gap And Equal Futures Now.
As the Global Communications Director for Binance Charity, you will play an essential role in building our visibility and maximizing our impact on our five core pillars by leading and coordinating our global communications work.
You will develop and implement communications strategies for global campaigns, building support across a range of targeted audiences. You will also build and manage a close-knit charity communications team.
- Work in partnership with Binance Charity leaders to further refine our strategic narrative and core pillars
- Plan, develop and execute communications strategies for campaigns to ensure the impact and desired outcomes for this world-leading organisation
- Build and lead the comms team to develop campaigns that engage and inspire audiences across traditional and digital media platforms, ensuring appropriate, inspirational and effective messaging
- Ensure strong outreach and engagement with our target audiences in the public and private sector and to policymakers and world leaders
- Ensure internal alignment is effective to bring the campaigns, comms and other Binance teams together to ensure all activities are fully integrated
- You will identify – and preferably experience securing coverage in – the most influential media platforms that will bring our campaigns to the attention of leading changemakers
- Write, edit and place compelling op-eds, press releases and briefings, ensuring they are tailored to the target audience and strongest media platforms and channels
- Coordinate and produce high-quality impact reports, updates, briefings, blogs and speeches/presentations to engage new audiences including celebrity and high-profile supporters
- Manage the Communications team to ensure that key OKRs are set and achieved, and ensure regular and effective review and appraisal of staff performance
- Track, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of impression, coverage, and trends
What we’re looking for:
- Passion and enthusiasm for where technology meets charity and environmental opportunities
- Keen interest and knowledge of crypto & blockchain, including the latest trends and coverage
- A track record in designing, prioritising and delivering media strategies and multiple comms activities that drive up the quality and quantity of media coverage
- Excellent skills in creative storytelling: producing engaging and inspiring content that delivers real-world impact
- Detail-oriented. Fast learner. strong writer, including press releases, features, opinion pieces, letters to editors and blogs – particularly to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to convey complex ideas in a direct and plainspoken way
- Experience serving as a spokesperson on charity and environmental issues
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with external partners (corporate, high-profile individuals), you are entrepreneurial and a creative problem solver
Nice to have:
- Experience at a charitable organisation and/or financial and tech company
- Previous experience working in media, journalism or PR
- Previous experience working in crypto is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire