The global economy is down bad. Good thing that we're currently building a new economy in the digital world. Call it the Metaverse, call it a platform. Call it whatever you like:) But we need you as a
The global economy is down bad. Good thing that we’re currently building a new economy in the digital world. Call it the Metaverse, call it a platform. Call it whatever you like:) But we need you as an Economy designer to help create this new economy with us.
A fresh start, a blank slate, a new beginning for a world where players rule.
This game is part of a larger company that has been in the world of Blockchain and Crypto since 2012. They’ve since launched their own Blockchain which is tailor made for NFT’s and Games, this blockchain is home to the game My Neighbor Alice. In addition to this they have a fund available of 80 Million to give away to studio’s to build games on their chain.
And they have this game. A fun sidescrolling, platform adventure game which is made by professionals that have worked for companies like Atari and Disney. This team knows what they are doing. To give you an idea. There’s PVE, COOP, PVP mechanics in place to provide a fun competitive experience.
They are a remote-first company with teams on all sides of the globe but the main timezone is Europe. Being Swedish in Origin the culture is friendly and respectful. Rather than fingerpointing when something goes wrong the team sits together, blames non, and moves forward together. The mission of the team is to make a fun game first and integrate the blockchain into that. And it’s good to know that they’ve succeeded in that regard!
Everybody in the company has a passion for games and blockchain and with everyones ambition pointed in the same direction I can’t help feel a little bit jealous since I am an external recruiter;).
Within the game we have resources, plots, lending, competition and this is currently balanced by the lead producer. But they need someone dedicated to it.
We are looking for a game economy designer to join their team. You will own the game economy and work closely with designers, project leads and developers to create game economies driven by blockchain technology. In this role you will evaluate specific key metrics to keep track of the games performance, collaborate with others to create new features and content that expands the game economy and adds utility to already established assets. We would also like for you to build tools and systems that allow for quickly improving and expanding the games economic designs.
Besides these task you can also be expected to work on the following:
- Balancing of game systems and gameplay loops in relation to overall game economy
- Review and improve the existing game economy
- Following the market to see what trends and best practices evolve around blockchain games, and adapt those designs if fitting
- Creating forecasts and simulations
This is not an easy task, they need someone that’s prepared!
Skills and requirements:
- 4+ years of experience working on game economy and/or game monetization
- Alternatively, a strong background in economics and an interest in gaming and blockchain
- A deep understanding of a wide range of games, genres and platforms
It is also beneficial if you have:
- A background in economics or math
- Experience with the fundamentals of blockchain technology and/or token economics
- Shipped an online, live service game that achieved revenue targets defined by stakeholders
Everybody wants to know the yield these days, but between you and me. Utility is better.
- Salary up to 100k (+ tokens)
- A completely remote job (unless you’re based in or want to relocate to Stockholm)
- You’re going to be the coolest guy at a party when BTC is reaching ATH’s again
- People will be very concerned and wary about your career when BTC crashes even further. But you don’t stress because we can keep this going for a few more cycles. And we’re not Do Kwon.
- A place at the table on the playing field of the future.
Are you interested? Then respond via the application form or send your resume to email@example.com. Calling is always faster, you can do that on +31 (0)6 82 09 94 93