Posted on: 4th July 2022 At a glance Hours: Full-Time Contract: Permanent Location: Barcelona/Remote About the Studio To some studios, making games is just not enough. To this studio,
Posted on: 4th July 2022
At a glance
- Hours: Full-Time
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Barcelona/Remote
About the Studio
To some studios, making games is just not enough. To this studio, it’s about bringing people together and building the games they would love to play. Formed by a passionate group of industry vets who formerly worked at massive companies such as Ubisoft, Take-Two, and Gameloft, their cumulative experience has no match.
Nowadays, the studio is working on a fresh, groundbreaking take on hero-led, first-person shooters. They will push all boundaries to go where no one else has before. And they want you on board to do it.
Responsibilities and Requirements
As Game Economy Designer, you will define the general vision of their newest shooter’s economy and consumption model.
Your day-to-day experience will be as follows:
- Develop simulation models in the tool of your choice to predict user progression and consumption patterns
- Work closely with the Engineering team to concoct and enhance test scenarios for said patterns
- Manage the game economy’s balance and character abilities based on playtesting results
- Partner with the team to design features that reinforce economy loops
- Influence and drive the team to deliver the most fun experience available on the marketplace
You are passionate about achieving the best results, individually and as part of a multidisciplinary, multicultural team. You are a driving force behind collaborative efforts and undertaking the most difficult challenges available.
- +2 years of experience working as a Game Economy Designer or equivalent role
- At least one title shipped
- Mastery over econometrics and quantitative systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilful at data analysis and actionable insights
- Curious about new game development tools and techniques
- Able to both receive and give meaningful, productive feedback
- Full professional English proficiency
Desirable bonus talents include:
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Prior experience defining in-game metrics and indicators
- Curious about cryptocurrency, blockchain tech, and their possibilities in game design
- Knowledge of tokenomics and NFT marketplaces and exchanges
Benefits and Perks
All of our employees receive these benefits:
- Bonus based on the game’s net profits
- Comprehensive, attractive salary package according to your work experience
- Fully remote work — with the opportunity to work on-site at our state-of-the-art office in Barcelona
- A safe, respectful work environment, allowing fluid learning and development of personal and team skills
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.